FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Please give your educated opinion on this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.insidecatholic.com/feature/si...issal.html

Go to this link and read some of the responses that include a seminarian, these are great responses to what a Bishop posted regarding the new Translation for the NO.

Please when and if you respond give your intellectual or rather theological opinion as the people before you have, don't just say NO sucks. I think this Bishop and his superior can benefit from the perspective of an educated laity.
Enough of all this liturgical gameplaying , just replace the Novus Ordo with the Latin Mass in the vernacular, it has all the guidelines written into it.
I just posted a comment. It's titled 'My two cents'.
As much as I admire Bishop Conley and appreciate the work he's done for the TLM, I can't say I agree with statements like, "The Second Vatican Council gave us a great gift with the Novus Ordo." and "The problem has never been the Novus Ordo. The reformed liturgy that the Council gave us is beautiful, glorious, and empowering. The problem has been that even good people have misinterpreted the Council badly."
JMJ

Bishop Conley writes:
"But I think we can also recognize that the way in which the reform of the Mass was carried out after the Second Vatican Council, unfortunately, has occasioned a lot of silliness and confusion. The problem has never been the Novus Ordo. The reformed liturgy that the Council gave us is beautiful, glorious, and empowering. The problem has been that even good people have misinterpreted the Council badly."

My problems with this statement starts with the fact that the "Council" did NOT give us the Novus Ordo.

From Michael Davies:
"In a gesture which it is very hard to understand, Pope Paul Vl appointed to the key post of Secretary the very man his predecessor had dismissed from the same position on the Preparatory Commission, Father Annibale Bugnini. Father Bugnini was now in a unique and powerful position to interpret the Liturgy Constitution in precisely the manner he had intended when he masterminded its drafting.

In theory, the Consilium was no more than an advisory body, and the reforms it devised had to be approved by the appropriate Roman Congregation. In his Apostolic Constitution, Sacrum Rituum Congregatio (8 May 1969), Pope Paul Vl ended the existence of the Consilium as a separate body and incorporated it into the Sacred Congregation for Divine Worship. Father Bugnini was appointed Secretary to the Congregation, and became more powerful than ever. He was now in the most influential position possible to consolidate and extend the revolution behind which he had been the moving spirit and principle of continuity. Nominal heads of the Consilium and congregations came and went, Cardinals Lercaro, Gut, Tabera, Knox, but Father Bugnini always remained. His services were rewarded by his consecration as an Archbishop in 1972. "

A small group within the CDW gave us the Novus Ordo and Pope Paul VI signed off on it. There is nothing beautiful or empowering about it. It is a complete departure from The "Mass of the Ages" and as such is a New mass for a New church. Continuing to tinker with this defective mass serves no purpose. Return to the True Mass and the Church will begin to heal herself from within. The sillyness and confusion looms from the false equivalence given to the novus ordo in as much as it is equal to the Mass of Pope St. Pius X. Lex Credendi, Lex Orandi!