FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Windswept House
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So I started reading this a couple days ago its a real page turner is the stuff that happens in the book supposed to be real or just a novel? I know Malachi Martin was a Priest but is this some of what he experienced? I am about half way through and if the stuff is true the Church since Vatican II is well... kinda creepy.
It's a faction, the names are changed and some of the characters are more than one person, and it is a way of fictionalizing the events which have taken place.
tim
Fr. Martin claimed everything in the book was as events go but he but it in a fictional framework.  Some of it refers to today and some of the events are drawn from Fr. Martin's experiences in the late 1950's and early 60's.   It's pretty plain to see that he is Christian Gladstone.  Just as Gladstone was having trouble determining who the good guys are from the bad guys.  Gladstone believes in the "Slavic Pope" but begins to doubt his prudence and that can correlate to some of the things Fr. Martin said about John XXIII.   It also provides Fr. Martin's assessment of the situation in the Church in 1995-96.
(11-27-2010, 04:43 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]Fr. Martin claimed everything in the book was as events go but he but it in a fictional framework.  Some of it refers to today and some of the events are drawn from Fr. Martin's experiences in the late 1950's and early 60's.   It's pretty plain to see that he is Christian Gladstone.  Just as Gladstone was having trouble determining who the good guys are from the bad guys.  Gladstone believes in the "Slavic Pope" but begins to doubt his prudence and that can correlate to some of the things Fr. Martin said about John XXIII.   It also provides Fr. Martin's assessment of the situation in the Church in 1995-96.

So the slavic Pope is he supposed to be a composite of John XXIII and JPII?
(11-27-2010, 05:56 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2010, 04:43 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]Fr. Martin claimed everything in the book was as events go but he but it in a fictional framework.  Some of it refers to today and some of the events are drawn from Fr. Martin's experiences in the late 1950's and early 60's.   It's pretty plain to see that he is Christian Gladstone.  Just as Gladstone was having trouble determining who the good guys are from the bad guys.  Gladstone believes in the "Slavic Pope" but begins to doubt his prudence and that can correlate to some of the things Fr. Martin said about John XXIII.   It also provides Fr. Martin's assessment of the situation in the Church in 1995-96.

No, he's JPII 100%.
I wish he'd been allowed a little more time to finish and publish his last book he was writing, we could all use it right now.
tim
(11-27-2010, 05:56 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]

No. It's more like the relationship between Christian Gladstone and the Slavic Pope is the same relationship that Fr. Martin had with John XXIII,  a loyalty to the Pope but confusion as to his intentions.   There's nothing "the Slavic Pope" does that's anything other than JPII.  

Fr. Martin uses his experiences and feelings gained in his position with John XXIII to demonstrate through Gladstone what is going on in the Church in the mid-1990's.  
(11-27-2010, 06:20 PM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]I wish he'd been allowed a little more time to finish and publish his last book he was writing, we could all use it right now.
tim

Oh, I know. Me too!
(11-27-2010, 04:19 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]So I started reading this a couple days ago its a real page turner is the stuff that happens in the book supposed to be real or just a novel? I know Malachi Martin was a Priest but is this some of what he experienced? I am about half way through and if the stuff is true the Church since Vatican II is well... kinda creepy.

It's kinda creepy, but then again, so is what has happened to the Church since the early 60's. It explains a lot.

I do know the opening Satanic ritual was a composite of two seperate ceremonies; one that occurred in 1957, and the other that occurred on June 29, 1963.

Traditio has a list of who's who in Windswept House, in case you're interested in downloading it.

(11-27-2010, 07:16 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2010, 04:19 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]So I started reading this a couple days ago its a real page turner is the stuff that happens in the book supposed to be real or just a novel? I know Malachi Martin was a Priest but is this some of what he experienced? I am about half way through and if the stuff is true the Church since Vatican II is well... kinda creepy.

It's kinda creepy, but then again, so is what has happened to the Church since the early 60's. It explains a lot.

I do know the opening Satanic ritual was a composite of two seperate ceremonies; one that occurred in 1957, and the other that occurred on June 29, 1963.

Traditio has a list of who's who in Windswept House, in case you're interested in downloading it.

Thanks for the info on Traditio. So those creepy satanic rituals actually happened. Ugh... Pray
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7