FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Alternatives for ex-"altar girls?"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've been wondering about what might happen if a new priest to a parish dismissed the "altar girls" so as to utilize the altar boy organization for encouraging boys to consider the priesthood and religious life.  Surely a lot of people would be unhappy in a parish that has had altar girls for several years, so I was thinking that perhaps an organization for preteen and teen girls could be formed with no Mass duties other than weekly participation as a consolation for dismissing the girls from the altar boys.

What might a group like this do if they are not serving at the altar with the altar boys?  I had some ideas:
-Visits to convents to meet and spend time with nuns
-Assisting with seasonal and floral arrangements in the church
-Religious education for girls
-Activities to keep the girls interested
-Group volunteer work
Nice try their parents want them to be more than you suggest, thats the problem with altar girls.
No doubt they would have to send in Crisis Counselors first.
(11-27-2010, 05:51 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]No doubt they would have to send in Crisis Counselors first.

No, first they would form a committee to get rid of the Priest.
(11-27-2010, 04:57 PM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]-Assisting with seasonal and floral arrangements in the church

That's a good idea.  Maybe getting them involved in the choir, too.
What did girls do in a parish before they were allowed to serve at the altar?  They can go back to doing that, whatever it was.
(11-27-2010, 08:12 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]What did girls do in a parish before they were allowed to serve at the altar?  They can go back to doing that, whatever it was.

Make babies.
(11-27-2010, 08:31 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2010, 08:12 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]What did girls do in a parish before they were allowed to serve at the altar?  They can go back to doing that, whatever it was.

Make babies.

Well, that's a thought.

Make babies.
Sarcasm? If not, these women are going to come down on you!!    LOL

Make babies.

I hate to break it to you son, but girls can't just make babies.  There has to be a boy involved somewhere in the process.  Girls need to find their own girlie thing that they can do amongst themselves and do it. 
Pages: 1 2 3