FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Unfailing Christmas Prayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 30TH – The Unfailing Christmas Prayer begins today…say this prayer 15 times every day from today until Christmas for a special intention… it has never been known to fail…

Hail and Blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight in Bethlehem in the piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God, to hear my prayer and grant my desires through the merits of our Saviour Jesus Christ and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

Hey thanks for the reminder.

I never get what I pray for when I say this, and I am always thankful for that later.  LOL
We must be the unluckiest people in the world, Iolanthe !  Maybe Peter should edit his post to say 'it's only ever been known to fail twice'??
I was reading something a while back that said that I should treat any Novena or prayer which claims itself to "never fail" with skepticism.
(11-28-2010, 04:32 PM)paragon Wrote: [ -> ]We must be the unluckiest people in the world, Iolanthe !  Maybe Peter should edit his post to say 'it's only ever been known to fail twice'??

I guess I consider mine a success because I'm happy I didn't get what I wanted. It took a while to see it, though. But yeah this happens to me a lot and I don't know why...... >sad We must be praying for all the wrong things.
I always pray for spiritual improvements.  Maybe the things I ask for are too big.

The closest I've found to an unfailing prayer is novenas to St. RIta and St. Jude.  I frequently get an answer on the day I finish the novena, even if it's not the answer I want.
(11-28-2010, 04:43 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2010, 04:32 PM)paragon Wrote: [ -> ]We must be the unluckiest people in the world, Iolanthe !  Maybe Peter should edit his post to say 'it's only ever been known to fail twice'??

I guess I consider mine a success because I'm happy I didn't get what I wanted. It took a while to see it, though. But yeah this happens to me a lot and I don't know why...... >sad We must be praying for all the wrong things.

God knows better. If you pray for something that will hurt you, God certainly won't grant it.
St.Anthony and the Infant Jesus always grants my prayers and The Little Flower always sends a sign for me.

(11-28-2010, 04:49 PM)paragon Wrote: [ -> ]I always pray for spiritual improvements.  Maybe the things I ask for are too big.

The closest I've found to an unfailing prayer is novenas to St. RIta and St. Jude.  I frequently get an answer on the day I finish the novena, even if it's not the answer I want.

Post these or links please!
This is the version of the St. Rita novena that I use, except where it says "obtain for us our request", I repeat that before all the other lines, like a litany.

http://www.prayerbook.com/Prayers/Rita/rita.htm

I can't remember the St. Jude one, but I'm sure any novena to him will work.
Pages: 1 2 3