FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: First Holy Communion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I found this very moving. It was First Eucharist for the children at the chapel. Father Cooper's sermon and the devoutness with which he celebrated Holy Mass was very good and awe-inspiring.  It impressed upon me.  Though, I have never attended an SSPX chapel, I would like to go to their Masses sometime. Smile I love the TLM.  (I believe the Mass in the video is a either a Low mass or Missa Cantata.)
It appears to be a high Mass. There are 6 candles lit, there are torch bearers, and the priest is chanting the Mass.

There was no deacon and no sub-deacon; ergo, I know, that it is not a High Mass.
(11-29-2010, 03:43 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: [ -> ]There was no deacon and no sub-deacon; ergo, I know, that it is not a High Mass.

It wasn't a solemn high mass...but it was a High Mass.

I thought that without a deacon and sub-deacon, at best it could only be a Low Mass or Missa Cantata?
(11-29-2010, 05:14 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that without a deacon and sub-deacon, at best it could only be a Low Mass or Missa Cantata?

Far as I know, PTR is right - High Mass, but not Solemn High Mass.