FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: A Lübeck Priest is Suspended from Ministry: Homosexuals Phased Out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Edit: No one is being forced to become a priest here.  There are rules and as it turns out, there are good reasons for them. In any event, things are being done to deal with this obvious problem.  As with the case of David Berger, if you think you're going to get a pass on your behavior because you're witty and know about how to match the tea set with the drapes, you're sadly mistaken.

Lubeck -- The Catholic Church put a cleric on leave because of "priestly lapse".  Critics speak of hypocrisy.[They can't speak about much else besides sex, so it's a slight reprieve]

The Catholic Church in Lubeck removed a homosexual Pastor from further service. [Good.] The 40-year old churchman had made his inclination known in a corresponding internet-forum.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...-from.html

The Masses in the little St. Vecelin Community had been since that point read by Provost Franz Mecklenfeld,  because the Church had a personell problem there.  Since the summer Matthias T. aged 40 has been absent..  The priest had been put on leave by Archbishop Werner Thissen.  The Church does not want to hang its personell issue from the clock tower for everyone to see.  The parishoners however are firing the wildest rumours into the air.  "No one has been harmed, neither physically nor materially", explained the community spokesman Werner Schroeder.  He would not give further information.
the faithful of that parish probably have not been properly catechised on the rules and so forth about homosexuality and the priesthood.
(11-30-2010, 04:31 PM)ketchum Wrote: [ -> ]the faithful of that parish probably have not been properly catechised on the rules and so forth about homosexuality and the priesthood.

Pretty much everybody knows that homosexuality is forbidden by the positive law of the Church if not the natural law itself.
Maybe they'll just "quietly" move him to a new parish in San Francisco.
(11-30-2010, 08:44 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they'll just "quietly" move him to a new parish in San Francisco.

I don't know of any situations where a foreign national was moved to another country after a revelation like this, unless you're talking about the SSJ.
(11-30-2010, 07:56 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2010, 04:31 PM)ketchum Wrote: [ -> ]the faithful of that parish probably have not been properly catechised on the rules and so forth about homosexuality and the priesthood.

Pretty much everybody knows that homosexuality is forbidden by the positive law of the Church if not the natural law itself.

Well, with a homosexual priest folks get different ideas
(11-30-2010, 11:50 PM)ketchum Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2010, 07:56 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, with a homosexual priest folks get different ideas

Priests can attempt to portray things as being ok, like they can promote the use of condoms for birth control, for example, but then, the generality of people still know deep down that this is the case that they are morally wrong.

The question of sodomy is harder to sweep under the rug, especially in this case of sodomite priest who hid his behavior from view.  It's not clear what he was doing with respect to Church teaching.
Dear friend,brothers and sisters in Christ. I am not gay,but I think this thing has gone to far. A gay priest,living as all other catholic priests,is not a bad priest. He has got his vocation from God,and God do not make mistakes, Yesterday this priest was probably loved by everyone,and today he is not worth a penny. Please explain to me what made him a bad priest over one night and where it says that a gay-man can't become a priest. A homosexual is called upon a life in celibacy,and so is a priest. If one should "practise" his homosexuality it would be the same as if a "straight" priest would have a thing with a woman,would it not. And yes,I know what the Bible says about men sleeping with men as they would with  woman,but I also know what the Bible says about mercy and forgiveness,so...
Blessings,
Totterman
(12-01-2010, 05:34 AM)Totterman Wrote: [ -> ]Dear friend,brothers and sisters in Christ. I am not gay,but I think this thing has gone to far. A gay priest,living as all other catholic priests,is not a bad priest. He has got his vocation from God,and God do not make mistakes, Yesterday this priest was probably loved by everyone,and today he is not worth a penny. Please explain to me what made him a bad priest over one night and where it says that a gay-man can't become a priest. A homosexual is called upon a life in celibacy,and so is a priest. If one should "practise" his homosexuality it would be the same as if a "straight" priest would have a thing with a woman,would it not. And yes,I know what the Bible says about men sleeping with men as they would with  woman,but I also know what the Bible says about mercy and forgiveness,so...
Blessings,
Totterman

People with deep seated desires for sodomy don't belong in the priesthood.

Pages: 1 2