FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Some things that Trads will have to endure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Though I have no problem with it, I think many Trads will have a problem with the transition period in which the Tridentine will eventually overtake the NO in most parishes around the world. I fear that this will only serve to prolong the time liberals, masons and others that wish to destroy the Church, will "serve" and infest our parishes with their dying ideas.

I say this because there is quite a bit of animosity towards the NO some believe it to be simply heretical (protestant) in its nature. This is of course a natural assumption as the NO it self was created with the express purpose of lending it self to such listeners.

However it will be fact that Trads will have to endure a period in which they will have to worship side by side with NO parishioners. Let us not forget that the though the generation that clamored for this Mass is dying it is not dead. There will be a reaction by some Trads to back away or be intimidated by the trendies. This is my worry that somehow we will all simply due what comes natural and retreat under the rock the Mass of ages has been under for the last 40 years.

I would like for us to try to get out of our comfort zone during that period and educate rather than insult or shy away from our NO fellow Catholics. After all we are essentially playing for the same team.
I dunno, I kind of like my defensive crouch
(11-30-2010, 10:57 PM)ardens Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno, I kind of like my defensive crouch

Agreed I like going to a Church that has the true sacraments and basicly pretends Vatican II never happened. I dont see myself coming out and joining my fellow NO Catholics until the Church becomes Catholic again.
To educate our NO (OF) friends means that they will be willing to listen. I have not found that to be true. More like I've been treated as flatulence in the wind. Or the ever welcoming terd in the punch bowl.

When the Church is once again the Church, you will find me at my nearest parish. Until then, NO COMPRIMISE with protestant sacraments and apostate bishops. To the enemy no quarter.
This is a good point. If and when the day comes are we ready to Evangelize those that are ready ? It would mean going into the parishes that offer the TLM and helping through the transition. If the change is coming the Lord will not look kindly on those that stay back and wait for it to be done. We certainly should be good disciples.
tim
I agree with Tim. Even if our efforts fall on deaf ears, I think it is important to continue to make noise. If I was a naive NO'er and had a trad friend or relative, I would sure hope they would continue to pound me until I saw the light, as it were.

Totally understand the frustration of rejection though, do I understand it alright. Most recently, I have a very dear NO Catholic cousin that I have been talking to about the TLM. She doesn't understand it yet. Worse, I have another evangelical Christian cousin (fallen away Catholic) who moved into the same town as the first cousin mentioned, and has successfully recruited her to go to his non-denom church, the type with rock music and lively preaching. Major setback. No worries, I will continue to 'knock on the door' to both my cousins. I am more than confident that if they seek truth, they will eventually find it.  Just wanted to point out that I understand the frustration.

(12-01-2010, 07:14 AM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]This is a good point. If and when the day comes are we ready to Evangelize those that are ready ? It would mean going into the parishes that offer the TLM and helping through the transition. If the change is coming the Lord will not look kindly on those that stay back and wait for it to be done. We certainly should be good disciples.
tim

Well said. The Apostles were never instructed to stay on defense.

C.
I think the OP makes a good point which applies to different people in different ways.  I live in the city and there are Latin Masses near me, but in the rural areas there is no Latin Mass.  Some friends and I are in discussions with a young Novus Ordo priest about beginning the Latin Mass in an area where there are none close by.

Bringing tradition into the "mainstream" of the Church's structure is going to take a lot of work, patience, and some prudential compromise with people who do not yet see things the way we do.

It is my belief, that if you can get a Novus Ordo priest to begin offering the traditional Roman Mass, the Mass itself will begin working changes in their thinking and in their actions. 
(12-01-2010, 02:29 AM)charlesh Wrote: [ -> ]When the Church is once again the Church, you will find me at my nearest parish. Until then, NO COMPRIMISE with protestant sacraments and apostate bishops. To the enemy no quarter.

Exactly
Pages: 1 2 3