FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: New TLM Parish in Cincinnati
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(12-07-2010, 03:12 PM)Ockham Wrote: [ -> ]"Fr Ratzinger" is now known as Pope Benedict XVI.

Oh I thought he was talking about the Popes brother.
(12-07-2010, 03:12 PM)Ockham Wrote: [ -> ]"Fr Ratzinger" is now known as Pope Benedict XVI.

And he's the same man he was during the destruction.  :)
(12-07-2010, 05:45 PM)lamentabili sane Wrote: [ -> ]

In the eyes of sedevacanists.
(12-07-2010, 07:10 PM)Ockham Wrote: [ -> ]

He has said so himself. Are you willing to refute him in order to defend him?
Do you acknowledge he's the heir of St. Peter?
(12-07-2010, 07:10 PM)Ockham Wrote: [ -> ]

Not just in the eyes of sedevacantists or sedeprivantists...

you speak of what you don't know....the jury is still not out on B16
(12-07-2010, 08:36 PM)Ockham Wrote: [ -> ]Do you acknowledge he's the heir of St. Peter?

It does not matter if he does or does not for purposes of the discussion
(12-07-2010, 08:36 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]you speak of what you don't know....the jury is still not out on B16

Is the jury in or out?

The purpose of this discussion is to announce a new TLM parish.  Good news!  Alas, someone always has to complain that it's not enough, do some Pope bashing, call someone a neo-con, and basically rain on the parade.  Shouldn't traditional Catholics blessed with the wisdom of Holy Mother Church be in a good mood most of the time?  If by their fruits you shall know them then why are some trads miserable?
(12-07-2010, 08:36 PM)Ockham Wrote: [ -> ]Do you acknowledge he's the heir of St. Peter?

He was speaking of Benedict XVI's words in context of when he originally expressed them: as Fr. Ratzinger. As Benedict XVI, he has stated that there is no significant change in his views as of those from the time of the council.

It is wrong to try to snare him by forcing him to answer a question concerning his views on a banned topic here.

I think what he asked bears re-asking:

(12-07-2010, 08:28 PM)lamentabili sane Wrote: [ -> ]He has said so himself. Are you willing to refute him in order to defend him?
(12-06-2010, 05:00 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2010, 08:03 PM)FatherCekada Wrote: [ -> ]Hard indeed to imagine the sour old 70s Stalinist Archbishop Pilarczyk permitting this type of glasnost.

As a long-time denizen of the Greater Cincinnati metropolitan area and an interested observer of the trad scene here, I believe that the St. Mark's announcement is connected with St. Pius X's move from the city down to Walton (at least 25 miles to the south.)

While this particular point probably didn't occur to Abp. Schnurr himself, I'm sure it did to whoever proposed the idea to him. My guess: it came from a former St. Pius X parishioner who got involved in the Motu Proprio group.

Another facet of the St. Mark's choice that's gone unremarked: it's just five minutes away from Fr. Willliam Jenkins' Immaculate Conception Church in Norwood, which is affiliated (at least loosely) with Bishop Kelly's SSPV.

There is no way to convince me that this wasn't a factor in choosing St. Mark's, since the Archdiocese was ticked when Fr. Jenkins' group managed to buy Immaculate Conception from them using a front corporation. I think it was payback time.

Unlike myself and the rest of the SGG clergy, moreover, Fr. Jenkins avoids speaking about controversial questions concerning the pope, the Church, and Catholic doctrine. Most of this is reduced to matters of mere opinion, so there would be no reason for some of his parishioners, perhaps, not to avail themselves of a convenient and "legal" option nearby.

Meanwhile down in Walton, the Diocese of Covington set up a Motu Mass at a beautiful new (and traditionally designed) church just across I-71 from the new St. Pius X installation.

A possible marketing pitch: Why settle for SSPX's "partial communion" with the pope, when you can get "full communion" with the pope in a nice church just across the road?

If it's just "Latin Mass Catholicism" you're interested in, it's pretty hard to beat that.

All these developments are very interesting to watch. Someone in the local Vatican II hierarchy, it seems, is paying attention to strategy.

More TLM's = better. Who says these churches can't coexist? You can't be so exclusive and expect to restore Catholicism.

Catholics and heretics do not coexist.  The Mass is only Catholic if the priest has the True Faith, and not the bag of regurgetated heresies known collectively as the documents of Vatican II. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6