FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Snow Did Not Stop Thousands of Spaniards From Hearing Mass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Sirs,

The government minister Ramón Jáuregui announced yesterday that they are ordering to re-open the basilica of the Abbey of the Holy Cross of the Valley of the Fallen on Sunday 19th. He argued safety reasons to block the faithfull access to a worship place from the beginning of November, coinciding with the Pope's visit to Spain. Clearly, the Government has seen the response and they do not want the international diffusion of images of monks and faithfull community celebrating the Christmas mass out in the open. In spite of this reopening, the minister stressed that the Government will continue in his determination to achieving the "recovery" ("recuperación") of the Benedictine Abbey of the Valley of the Fallen.

I finish expressing my thanks to your forum. It has been one of the very few English-speaking media which have echoed this anomalous and worrying situation in a western country: a Government preventing the mass in the basilica of a monastery for mere political interest.

Yours faithfully.
(12-10-2010, 09:20 AM)FSE Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Sirs,

The government minister Ramón Jáuregui announced yesterday that they are ordering to re-open the basilica of the Abbey of the Holy Cross of the Valley of the Fallen on Sunday 19th. He argued safety reasons to block the faithfull access to a worship place from the beginning of November, coinciding with the Pope's visit to Spain. Clearly, the Government has seen the response and they do not want the international diffusion of images of monks and faithfull community celebrating the Christmas mass out in the open. In spite of this reopening, the minister stressed that the Government will continue in his determination to achieving the "recovery" ("recuperación") of the Benedictine Abbey of the Valley of the Fallen.

I finish expressing my thanks to your forum. It has been one of the very few English-speaking media which have echoed this anomalous and worrying situation in a western country: a Government preventing the mass in the basilica of a monastery for mere political interest.

Yours faithfully.

Awesome.
great news!
(12-10-2010, 09:20 AM)FSE Wrote: [ -> ]I finish expressing my thanks to your forum. It has been one of the very few English-speaking media which have echoed this anomalous and worrying situation in a western country:

and good job augstine!  Thumb
Imagine if they started closing churches due to snow in Canada  Crazy