FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Nazareth suburb mayor lashes out against Christmas tree
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-24-2010, 10:19 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2010, 11:54 PM)Nathan Socci Wrote: [ -> ]"The request of the Arabs to put Christmas trees in the squares in the Arab quarter of Nazareth Illit is provocative," Mayor Shimon Gapso told AFP.

Since when do Arabs celebrate Christmas?

Erm, I think that Christian Arabs have been doing it for quite some time.  There are or were guite a few Palastinian Arab Christians. Of course, a lot of them got ethnically cleansed along with their Muslim compatriots by the Zionists.

Christians in Soutwest Asia are often forgotten about, it seems.
(12-22-2010, 11:54 PM)Nathan Socci Wrote: [ -> ]"The request of the Arabs to put Christmas trees in the squares in the Arab quarter of Nazareth Illit is provocative," Mayor Shimon Gapso told AFP.

Since whenever they became Christians, which could be many generations back.  Are you not aware that many Arabs are Christians?  

The story did mention Arab Christians, you just missed it.

Danny Thomas was a famous Arab Christian in this country.  You may be too young to remember him but he was a great comedian who did two or three sit coms in the Fifties and Sixties and he was also the driving force behind the founding and operation of St. Jude Children's Hospital.  I believe that he was of Lebanese descent and a Maronite Catholic.  He built the hospital in thanksgiving for an answered prayer in which he asked St. Jude's intervention.

Quote:Since when do Arabs celebrate Christmas?

When was the first Christmas celebrated? Probably then.
Well, the Jews apparently do need to realise that Nazereth, like Bethlehem is a Catholic Christian town; not  belonging to the Talmudic Jews.
(12-25-2010, 12:42 AM)Spooky Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Since when do Arabs celebrate Christmas?

When was the first Christmas celebrated? Probably then.

Good point, Spooky.  The shepherds who came to see the Babe in the manger may have been Arabs, so may one or more of the Magi.  

(There may also have been more than three Magi.  The Bible doesn't speak of three wise men, only of three gifts they brought.  Maybe there was a large group of kings/magi/wise men that followed the star to Bethlehem.)

Arabs weren't Muslim until Mohammed invented Islam, which I think was about seven centuries A.D., wasn't it?

(12-24-2010, 10:16 PM)HailGilbert Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2010, 12:37 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]Hear and obey our "elder brethren in the faith".

Why? Why should we? What have they ever done for us?  ???

You missed my obvious sarcasm.
The Christians in Israel are mostly Arab so they've been celebrating Christmas since the year 40 or so, I guess. By the way, the media when they mention Christians at all make it seem like the only problem is the Palestinians but that's not true. The Israelis cause great difficulty for the Christians too.

My dear,

Sorry to inform you.

Once, up to 20 % of the Arabs in the world were Christians.

89% of American Arabs are Christians. Like Helen Thomas and others. Although they are often members of older people, like Phoenicians who became Arabized after the Arab Islamic conquest. Since the 19th century,  they nevertheless identify as Arabs.

Palestinian Christians mostly identify as Arabs too, in secular national terms.

Blessed Christmastide!
Welcome back and great to see you.  Vetus made a Christmas greeting in which he lamented your absence.
Pages: 1 2