FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Why is Coke so darn tasty?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
In the vein of why did God make women so appealing to men that it causes us problems (heh), why is Coke so darn tasty?  I'm sitting here dying for one right now.

I'm a confessed addict.  I can't have it in the house.  I'd do things like if I were on a 2000 calorie diet, 1500 for Coke, 500 for food.  Even in fine dining situations I'd rather have Coke over wine or beer most of the time.  When I was young and could do with the calories, I could drink 2 liters a day easy.  I could still do it, but I don't because, well, it's a bad idea obviously.

It's so good I can't tell if it is a gift from heaven or a temptation of the devil.

Hey, that's not bad.  I'm putting it in my .sig

BTW, icecream you have my permission to appropriate that for icecream instead of cola.
I have the same issue with coffee.  It is bad for my adrenal problems, but I love it so.  Black is fine with me, I just love the taste, the smell, all of it.  I will quit for awhile, then start with a cup or two first, and eventually work right back up to a pot and a half a day.  So yummy.  I seem to tolerate it better if I'm fasting on raw vegetables and mung beans.
I have given up diet coke 52 times this year.
While I drink diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale, because to me it tastes the best of the diet pop, I crave a super large fountain Coca Cola. In illo tempore, their was an Oklahoma gas station on the way home with a coke machine. It had those little bottles for a nickel. They were soooo good and so freezing cold, I'd get a brain cramp from drinking the whole thing in one draw. I'm sure Coca Cola from the fountain will be there in heaven along with ice cream's ice cream.It's a special treat to combine Quis' and ice cream's passions, into a Coca Cola Float. When we get glorified bodies Coca Cola, ice cream, and even my camels, and Quis' smokes will be sooo good for us, it'll be astonishing.
tim
As far as diet, Coke Zero isn't bad, but it isn't the same...
Is it tasty? I've always hated carbonated drinks and most sweet drinks. The only time I wanted coke was when I was pregnant, which is precisely when I wasn't supposed to have it.
(12-23-2010, 09:57 AM)miss_fluffy Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same issue with coffee.  It is bad for my adrenal problems, but I love it so.  Black is fine with me, I just love the taste, the smell, all of it.  I will quit for awhile, then start with a cup or two first, and eventually work right back up to a pot and a half a day.  So yummy.  I seem to tolerate it better if I'm fasting on raw vegetables and mung beans.

I can't leave the coffee alone either.  I go through a pot a day.  Or if I don't make my  own, because I'm going to try to not have any, I stop by the local coffee shop 3 or 4 times in the day for a latte.   *SIGH*
(12-23-2010, 10:40 AM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]Is it tasty? I've always hated carbonated drinks and most sweet drinks. The only time I wanted coke was when I was pregnant, which is precisely when I wasn't supposed to have it.

I suppose you're a Kool-Aid-hater too?

You need help...

:laughing:
(12-23-2010, 10:25 AM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]In illo tempore, their was an Oklahoma gas station on the way home with a coke machine. It had those little bottles for a nickel. They were soooo good and so freezing cold, I'd get a brain cramp from drinking the whole thing in one draw.

I love it when there are tiny, frosty slivers of ice in the bottle.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17