FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Slow Shipping - An Observation About Angelus Press
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As a Canadian, I often order publications shipped in from the USA from three publishers: Angelus Press, Fraternity Publications and Tann Books.

Fraternity Publications (publishing arm of the SSPX, I believe) and Tann ship normally, and their stuff arrives in about a week.  US Mail, no fuss, no muss.

Not so with Angelus Press.  For some reason their stuff ALWAYS takes more than a month!  They use some wonky shipping processes that result in over-packaged, expensive shipping that takes forever.

Now I am thankful that we have Angelus Press.  They do a great service to all of us by making amazing treasures available for purchase.  I appreciate that.  But they really, really need to do something about their awful shipping.

For example, I ordered a large wall calendar from Tann four days ago.  I'm holding it now.  I ordered a book from Angelus three weeks ago and am still waiting for this "in stock" item.

OK, minor rant over.  Just consider this a PSA.

* It is located in Kansas City, Missouri which is in the center of the USA
* Canada is a large nation north off the USA
* Complaining about not getting a book from these two areas in less than three weeks, on demand, for a few dollars, is a funny sign of modern conveniences

Hey Allan - I'm a fellow Canadian... I order all my Trad stuff thru Monkrock. They ship fast and "normally" and they're in Missouri like Angelus. Whatever they don't already list from Angelus/TAN/Baronius they can just order it for you and ship it to you. I like that kind of "combining" service and the books are at the same cost to book. For example: Monkrock sold me this 4-volume Angelus Press kids set at the exact same Angelus price (discount and all)

http://www.angeluspress.org/oscatalog/it...irgin-mary

Cheers
(12-24-2010, 01:23 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]* Complaining about not getting a book from these two areas in less than three weeks, on demand, for a few dollars, is a funny sign of modern conveniences

Yes, I suppose it does say something about our age of instant gratification and the virtue of patience.  Oh, and it's more like a month and a half, normally; one could bicycle from Kansas to Toronto in less than that.

I hope I was adequately balanced in my critique.  I still plan on supporting such a worthy business, but everyone can improve.
I think it's a reasonable comment though Allan. In my experience though not every American business knows the most optimal way to ship to Canada.
(12-24-2010, 02:06 PM)Allan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2010, 01:23 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]* Complaining about not getting a book from these two areas in less than three weeks, on demand, for a few dollars, is a funny sign of modern conveniences

Yes, I suppose it does say something about our age of instant gratification and the virtue of patience.  Oh, and it's more like a month and a half, normally; one could bicycle from Kansas to Toronto in less than that.

I hope I was adequately balanced in my critique.  I still plan on supporting such a worthy business, but everyone can improve.

It really shouldn't take that long. I got something shipped from California to Scotland in a couple weeks through a snow storm.
Why aren't you telling them this instead of us?  I don't understand the need to complain about it here and then say, "but I like the company".  It doesn't make any sense.
I understand, it is just funny on that level.

It is odd they are so delayed. Mailing to Canada isn't any different in my experience than sending it anywhere else.
(12-24-2010, 04:12 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]I understand, it is just funny on that level.

It is odd they are so delayed. Mailing to Canada isn't any different in my experience than sending it anywhere else.

Well like the Catholic Book Publishing Company used UPS who are absolute crap when shipping to Canada. I can't understand why anyone would use them for business-to-consumer shipping.
Fraternity Publications = FSSP
Angelus Press = SSPX
TAN Books = St. Benedict Press = "normal" Catholic
Pages: 1 2 3 4