FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: My husband, Jesus and original sin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(01-14-2011, 11:03 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2011, 10:47 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]Look, Iolanthe.  If I somehow insulted you or hurt your feelings, I apologize.  But, I think you should see why I resent being called a "condoner of abuse" and so forth.

I'm going back on vacation from theological discussion, a place where I should have stayed to begin with.

:tiphat:

So we lose sensible reasonable posts by Quis and get left with Iolanthe's emotional outburts.  That is not a good deal. :(

Quis, I get that you need to protect your sanity (it's like an endangered species  ;D ) but keep in mind the people who appreciate your posts and benefit from them.
:amen:
(01-14-2011, 11:03 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]So we lose sensible reasonable posts by Quis and get left with Iolanthe's emotional outburts.  That is not a good deal. :(

Well, thanks for the compliment for me, but I disagree about Iolanthe.  She adds a lot to the forum, often has reasonable posts, and it is important to hear counterpoints so we don't end up drinking Trad Kool-Aid in some compound.  I agree with some of her points in this thread, my problem was how I felt I was characterized.  Though I disagree with her usually on gender issues, she's one of my favorite people on the forum.  One reason is because she gets pissed and rants in complete sentences unlike other forum members I won't name.  :laughing:

Also, I'm known for my outbursts as well.  It happens when you're passionate.  And that's why I'm on "vacation", I'm kind of sick of the whole thing sapping my emotional energy and making me bitter; it's not Iolanthe's fault at all - I could have stopped posting and walked away any time I wanted to.  I just get burned out every so often.

(01-14-2011, 09:20 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2011, 11:03 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]So we lose sensible reasonable posts by Quis and get left with Iolanthe's emotional outburts.  That is not a good deal. :(

Also, I'm known for my outbursts as well.  It happens when you're passionate. 

That Sicilian blood will do it every time!  ;D :laughing: :jester:

By the way, I've noticed that Quis and Jayne share the same birthday.  ;)
(01-14-2011, 09:20 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, thanks for the compliment for me, but I disagree about Iolanthe.  She adds a lot to the forum, often has reasonable posts, and it is important to hear counterpoints so we don't end up drinking Trad Kool-Aid in some compound.

I don't have a problem with Iolanthe in general.  I thought she was very unreasonable in this thread.

Take care of yourself and do what you have to so you don't get burned out.
W
(01-14-2011, 09:50 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, I've noticed that Quis and Jayne share the same birthday.  ;)

And the same ethnic background - we're both of Lithuanian descent!
I really feel for this lady.  A marriage between protestants and Catholic can work out  my parents have been married for 40 years and my husband an I for 15.  It  works because my husband and I  respect each others religion and do not try and force our beliefs on each other although we have had some pretty heated arguments on thology complete with screaming and cussing.  It helps that  we were these religions when we got married and never expected either one of us would change.  My husband is born again and some how has reconciled in he conscience that I am not eternally dammed for not being born again also because I do believe Jesus is the one ture God and died for our sins. I know people like her husband and believe me no amount of thological proof  and no rational argument will probably help. Unless something change they will not give her a chance.  The best thing she can do is to avoid the subject  and pray.  I know I will pray for her.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11