FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: OH HAI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just realized that I should introduce myself, and that this is the place to do it. I'm Ciarrai and live in Connecticut. I would describe myself as a rad trad and attend a diocesan Mass at an amazing, amazing hybrid Latin / English / Spanish parish. I am 24 and have a BA in International Studies & French but am now a nursing student. (I realized I wanted to be a mom more than a lawyer, so I'm going for a more motherhood-friendly profession). I love our beautiful language, took it for 9 years in school and am striving to learn more every day! Found this site the other day and am really enjoying learning from all your posts, thanks for having me!  Shamrock
Welcome to the Fishbowl!
Welcome!  Hi!
Welcome!
Tip o' the hat
(01-05-2011, 05:44 PM)Ciarrai Wrote: [ -> ]I would describe myself as a rad trad and attend a diocesan Mass at an amazing, amazing hybrid Latin / English / Spanish parish.

Huh.  Welcome.
welcome.
(01-05-2011, 09:17 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2011, 05:44 PM)Ciarrai Wrote: [ -> ]I would describe myself as a rad trad and attend a diocesan Mass at an amazing, amazing hybrid Latin / English / Spanish parish.

Huh.  Welcome.

??
Welcome!

Technically, wouldn't that be a tri-brid parish?  I used to attend a parish with the TLM and two languages of NO, but I never really thought of it as hybrid or tribrid, just a diocesan parish with the TLM... I miss that parish.
(01-05-2011, 10:54 PM)Dust Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome!

Technically, wouldn't that be a tri-brid parish?  I used to attend a parish with the TLM and two languages of NO, but I never really thought of it as hybrid or tribrid, just a diocesan parish with the TLM... I miss that parish.

Lol I suppose you could call it a tri-brid parish. I was really thinking of the two different liturgies rather than the three languages used. We are in some sense a diocesan parish with TLM, but the heart of Sunday worship, the most-attended mass, and the heart of the parish is the Tridentine Mass. It's not tucked away at 6pm or something, it's at 9:30 on Sunday morning, and the priests are all very traditional. It's a great parish! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5