FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: FSSP Church consecration in Phoenix!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had the joy of attending this ceremony the week before Christmas. This apostolate has been in Phoenix for close to 10 years, I think, and finally has its very own building. God bless our Bishop, Thomas Olmsted. This was a particularly long day for him: earlier in the day, he publicly stripped St. Joseph's "Catholic" Hospital of its Catholic identity, and had been fielding all kinds of flak from the news media.

I'm sure the consecration of the church brought His Excellency some mental and spiritual relief form the whole hospital incident.
btt
What a great +Bishop he is!

-Resituo
:pray: :pray: :pray:
The Mission came to be because Bishop Olmstead invited them to AZ , this was in 2005. He is a great Bishop!
Awesome!  Deo gratias!
This is the one that was renovated, right? They did an excellent job.
(01-08-2011, 06:42 PM)Gladium Wrote: [ -> ]This is the one that was renovated, right? They did an excellent job.

Right! This used the be the First Hispanic Baptist Church, so there was quite a bit of work to do.

And they just moved into the building in August. When I heard they planned to have the renovation completed by Christmas, I was incredulous, but thanks to our pastor Fr. Terra (one of the most awesome priests I have ever met) it sped to completion.
Good to know.