FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Does Fisheaters need it's own official blog?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
There are a lot of knowledgeable, insightful, and entertaining posters here on FE, was wondering if it's time to create a FE blog by committee? Such that FE would have an official blog presence to complement the information warehouse and forums?

Quis and Vox, with their approval, could be editors/contributors.

Throwing the idea out there.
(01-06-2011, 04:55 PM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote: [ -> ]There are a lot of knowledgeable, insightful, and entertaining posters here on FE, was wondering if it's time to create a FE blog by committee? Such that FE would have an official blog presence to complement the information warehouse and forums?

Quis and Vox, with their approval, could be editors/contributors.

Throwing the idea out there.

That would not work. You are describing a wiki.

I think it is a good idea in theory, but it won't work. There is way too much noise here a collective effort to be useful.
Rosarium- Group blogs do exist.  Usually it works that the people rotate.  For example, there is a popular group blog written by five woman writers.  One does Monday, one Tues, etc, and they take weekends off.  It works out well because no one person has to keep a blog going, and you have varied insights.

Other group blogs have ten or more people.  Personally, I think this works best when each person has something unique to add.  Which would apply well to FE, actually.  Someone could talk about sacred scripture, someone else could write about patristics (sp), someone could cover sacred music.  One of the many amazing mothers on here could have a space to talk about Catholic motherhood, while someone else could do literary and film reviews of media that is family friendly.
A FishEaters blog would be nice, but there's too much disagreement on even basic stuff. I foresee a lot of flame wars.
(01-06-2011, 09:21 PM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: [ -> ]Rosarium- Group blogs do exist.  Usually it works that the people rotate.  For example, there is a popular group blog written by five woman writers.  One does Monday, one Tues, etc, and they take weekends off.  It works out well because no one person has to keep a blog going, and you have varied insights.

Other group blogs have ten or more people.  Personally, I think this works best when each person has something unique to add.  Which would apply well to FE, actually.  Someone could talk about sacred scripture, someone else could write about patristics (sp), someone could cover sacred music.  One of the many amazing mothers on here could have a space to talk about Catholic motherhood, while someone else could do literary and film reviews of media that is family friendly.

Perhaps we could do some sort of vote on whether we wanted any particular person to represent us that way.  There are some people who post here that I would not be comfortable with giving an "offficial" position.  Posting on a FE blog might give the impression the person represented FE.
(01-06-2011, 09:21 PM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: [ -> ]Rosarium- Group blogs do exist.  Usually it works that the people rotate.  For example, there is a popular group blog written by five woman writers.  One does Monday, one Tues, etc, and they take weekends off.  It works out well because no one person has to keep a blog going, and you have varied insights.

There are people who would have interesting things to add, and they have personal blogs (or they should).

It wouldn't be a Fisheaters thing then, but select people who are now on Fisheaters. It would have to be people who decided to do it as a group, to the exclusion of others.  I have a feeling that the majority of posts here are of such low value, that statistically speaking, any people making such a blog have to be atypical members of this forum.
A Fish Eaters blog run by votes, consensus and group contribution? That'd look like a nuclear meltdown. We can't even get thru ten days without someone getting banned. I mean, just in the last two months... gigas, credo, a catholic thinker, that nsper7 guy... we can't even agree on the validity of the NO for crying out loud, or the Village People, or almost anything
don't need one. the main site fisheaters.com suffices
FE used to be a blog.  A shortlived incarnation many moons ago.

I've gotten a few invitations to start a traddy group blog.  Thought good and hard about it too.  In the end, I don't think there's enough consensus among the FE crackpots that anyone could hold together a confederation of misfit trads in an organized blog; that granfaloon would implode under its own self aggrandizing, tomfoolery, hubris and discord.

Heck, why we all stay on this same forum is beyond me.
'Cause we're gluttons for punishment, probably.

FE don't need no blog, I don't have to show you any stinkin' blog!

[Image: 03-21-06_alfonso-bedoya.jpg]

But speaking of blogs, I see a certain Kansan hasn't updated his in quite a while...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5