FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: ‘Chilling’ statistics show 41% of New York City babies aborted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today, we celebrate the Baptism of our Lord, it is sad and tragic to read that in 2009 41% of all babies in New York City were aborted.

Chilling’ statistics show 41% of New York City babies aborted

What testimony to our  time when man and woman do not fear God.  And no compassion is shared with the helpless and the lowly.

Quote:aborted
by Patrick B. Craine
Fri Jan 07, 2011 16:25 EST
Comments (0)
Tags: abortion, new york
NEW YORK, January 7, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A new report has found that 41% of babies in the womb were aborted in New York City in 2009 – a finding that has spurred local pro-lifers to redouble their efforts to lower the city’s abortion rate.

On Thursday a press conference was organized by the Chiaroscuro Foundation, which supports alternatives to abortion, in response to the report.  The Foundation has launched a new campaign and a website at NYC41percent.com, and have pledged $1 million for 2011 to cut the city’s abortion rate.

“Like it or not, the legality of abortion is a settled question in New York for the time being,” said Greg Pfundstein, executive director of the Chiaroscuro Foundation. “That doesn’t mean we have to accept the fact that in parts of the city nearly half of all pregnancies end in abortion.”

At that press conference the Archbishop of New York, Timothy Dolan, reaffirmed the Catholic Church’s desire to welcome and support pregnant women.

“Any woman who is pregnant and in need can come to the Church and 
and we will help you,” said Dolan, quoting a twenty-five year old statement from the late Cardinal John O’Connor.
Pray sad
If you don't respect God, then why would anyone respect people (His creation)?

This, to me, ties directly with the crisis in the Church and the implosion of Catholic practice.
(01-08-2011, 10:01 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't respect God, then why would anyone respect people (His creation)?

This, to me, ties directly with the crisis in the Church and the implosion of Catholic practice.
Precisely.

41% is just staggering. That is almost Chinese levels, except we don't have one child policy, which makes the situation that much more despicable. Bring on the chastisement, I say. seriously.
How do they know that they were all conceived in New York City?

This sounds like a sensationalized story.
(01-09-2011, 01:50 AM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]How do they know that they were all conceived in New York City?

It does, doesn't it. Huh?
(01-09-2011, 01:50 AM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]How do they know that they were all conceived in New York City?

How do you know that they claim to know they were conceived in New York City?

This sounds like an illogical post.

Maybe they are just going by abortions and birth numbers of residents in the city. If 2 murders take place and 3 births, then at least 5 people were pregnant and made a choice regarding the life of the child.
How do I know that they don't?
(01-09-2011, 04:08 AM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]How do I know that they don't?

Archbishop Timothy Dolan has a report on the numbers.  Go to the CBSNEWS site there is a pdf link with the informaiton, sad and tragic as they are! 

Quote: Dolan's called for the gathering in light of a New York City Department of Health report (PDF) stating that induced terminations ended about 41 percent of the 214,454 reported pregnancies in the city last year.

Egad.
Pages: 1 2