FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: UnPlanned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 2011013101col_unplanned_250.jpg]

This book is ordered and on it's way. Looking forward to this read. Anyone read it already?
Verenaerin, will do.

Abby is also entering the Church soon.
Just picked up my copy this morning.

the 40 days for life[b][/b] campaign had something to do with her conversion.  As a member of a 40 Days core team, I encourage everyone who reads this to be involved this Lent.

We cannot remain silent in the face of the greatest evil, the greatest sin.
I signed up for the webcast last week and read the first chapter (which was a free pdf download).  I found it very compelling and forwarded it to my contacts.
I haven't been doing nearly enough. I'd like to get into sidewalk counseling, but I know there are challenges involved for men, primarily that pregnant teens are less inclined to listen to men. However, they often bring their boyfriends that might listen. I should get off my butt and just take a sidewalk counseling course. Just do it. If I were to help one couple's decision to walk away from the clinic, I think I would die of joy. Sidewalk counselors save lives everyday. God Bless those heros.

That is an interesting to thought...if one becomes a sidewalk counselor, and prayerfully do the work, you will inevitably save lives. Think about that for a second.

Oh it takes guts though. Easy to talk about it, but when you there on the sidewalk and that couple is walking towards the clinic doors...I think I'd just freeze up. Oh you Saints and Angels, please give us all strength. Amen.
(01-16-2011, 01:10 PM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't been doing nearly enough. I'd like to get into sidewalk counseling, but I know there are challenges involved for men, primarily that pregnant teens are less inclined to listen to men. However, they often bring their boyfriends that might listen. I should get off my butt and just take a sidewalk counseling course. Just do it. If I were to help one couple's decision to walk away from the clinic, I think I would die of joy. Sidewalk counselors save lives everyday. God Bless those heros.

That is an interesting to thought...if one becomes a sidewalk counselor, and prayerfully do the work, you will inevitably save lives. Think about that for a second.

Oh it takes guts though. Easy to talk about it, but when you there on the sidewalk and that couple is walking towards the clinic doors...I think I'd just freeze up. Oh you Saints and Angels, please give us all strength. Amen.

The pro-abortion forces really resent pro-life men, don't think men have any right to talk about abortion -- except the men who support the legalized murder, of course. 

But I'm not sure anyone is safe demonstrating at clinics anymore so we do need men to be there, men strong enough to protect the women and older men if pro-abortion crazies attack them physically.  Better yet, enough strong-looking men to discourage any pro-aborts from trying to get physical with demonstrators. 

Ok, am nearly finished with the book at this point, posting about it while taking a short break before finishing it.

This book is not quite what I expected. I was somewhat expecting a very detailed and sober expose of Planned Parenthood abortion procedures and modus operandi, and there is definitely much of this in the book. I did not expect to be able to share so much INTENSE joy and elation  with her during her conversion to Life, a testament to her openness and honesty, not to mention it's just all very well written. I was reading this morning in Discount Tire waiting room when I started upon one of many joyful and emotional parts (also also some hilarious moments) and yikes, I started to heave and choke up a little, like guys do when watching a sad movie at a theater. Of course fairly crowded in the waiting room. SOMETHING IN MY EYE IS ALL. NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG!  ;D

But anyways, gong to finish now. Cannot recommend this book enough.

Read the first chapters this morning.  Busy weekend with pro-life banquet last night at which I was one of the speakers and then a march to the Capitol today.  The book is excellent so far and brings home the power of loving prayer at the clinics.

We do not get to do  much 'sidewalk counceling' as we must stay 100 ft from the door and the parking lot is in the back and we are on the front of the building on the public sidwalk.  Yes, everyone is scared at first. But that changes. One becomes stronger in the faith, and I mean across the board. Yes, there is some heckling but you come to realize that words and gestures do not hurt you and you send those kind a blessing instead.

Go out!  Stand up for life! You can do it.

PRAY before and after you do your public witness and remain always in a state of grace.  If I can stand in public in defending life, you can too. Participate in your local 40 Days for Life.