FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fisheaters study of Council documents or Encyclicals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has there ever been a fisheaters' study of Council documents or Papal encyclicals?  Would people be interested in such a thing?
(01-20-2011, 01:01 PM)Christus Imperat Wrote: [ -> ]Has there ever been a fisheaters' study of Council documents or Papal encyclicals?  Would people be interested in such a thing?

I think the interest will depend on which council and which Popes!  :)
I would suggest perhaps Vatican I for starters.  It is relatively short and extremely important to the present situation of the Church and traditionalists.  Perhaps I could just start a discussion on Vatican I.
They come up in discussion, but an organized study?  Here?  :laughing: No.  That would be like herding cats.

Feel free to try, though.  If it works out, it would be good.
(01-21-2011, 11:51 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]They come up in discussion, but an organized study?  Here?   :laughing: No.  That would be like herding cats.

You have a good point.  I think I may just start an informal discussion of Vatican I.  I have been trying to study Vatican I lately on my own, because I think it is crucial to us in terms of understanding what the Magisterium is and to what extent we must accept Vatican II. 
(01-21-2011, 11:51 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]They come up in discussion, but an organized study?  Here?   :laughing: No.  That would be like herding cats.

Herding cats might be easier.  :p

I don't think I've ever seen a book discussion work on an online forum.
Good point Res.  It also appears the Latin study here has died a natural death.
(01-22-2011, 11:33 AM)Christus Imperat Wrote: [ -> ]Good point Res.  It also appears the Latin study here has died a natural death.

That's because the leader was called away due to family illness. I think for a discussion to go well it needs a committed leader to guide and curate.
I think it's worth a try if you go in realizing it will most likely fail.  However, if it proves successful, it would be a good thing.  So it's probably worth a shot.

My prognosis is that you will get people discussing it, but the discussion will degrade by the 5th post into what theological discussions usually degrade into around here.  You're welcome to put it in the "serious" subforum, but then you will get a lot less people responding.

Pages: 1 2