FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Any Traditional Convents/Monaseries in the Chicago Area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking for a place that has public recitation of the Divine Office to recommend to a friend.  Would like it to be as traditional as possible.
(01-21-2011, 09:39 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.cantius.org/go/liturgy_devoti...ne_office/

If only one could go to their local parish to find a schedule as robust as that. But I think Saint John Cantius, Chicago is one of the only parishes in the United States with a daily Office routine.
Indeed.  If I lived in Chicago, I'd be a Cantius parishioner in a heartbeat.
And I'd sit right next to glgas so I could poke and bother him.
(01-21-2011, 09:50 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]And I'd sit right next to glgas so I could poke and bother him.

IIRC, he goes to the Latin or English NO, not the TLM there.  St. John's is where I usually go to Mass when I'm visiting family.
I am pretty positive they pray the Office according to the Liturgy of the Hours.
(01-21-2011, 09:55 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2011, 09:50 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]And I'd sit right next to glgas so I could poke and bother him.

IIRC, he goes to the Latin or English NO, not the TLM there.  St. John's is where I usually go to Mass when I'm visiting family.

He goes to St. Peter Volo, which is in a northern Chicago suburb. 
(01-21-2011, 11:49 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]I am pretty positive they pray the Office according to the Liturgy of the Hours.

Not according to the scheduled they posted.
(01-21-2011, 11:50 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2011, 09:55 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]

He goes to St. Peter Volo, which is in a northern Chicago suburb. 

You'll have to excuse the classic glgasian grammer:
(11-07-2009, 07:40 PM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]Since three years I attend the St John Cantius Canons' masses, either New Mass or Tridentine, on that masses Gergorian propers are chanted even on the New Masses.
Pages: 1 2