FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: St. Paul March for Life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to the March for life hosted by the MCCL (Minnesota Concerned Citizens for Life). There was prayer service @ the St. Paul Cathedral beforehand and then we marched about 1/2 mile to the state capital. There must have been a couple thousand people there! It was -2 degrees outs, but as one of the local Bishops said, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going!" Michelle Bachman and a couple of other senators/congress people spoke. There were women who shared their stories about regretting their abortions. There were also a lot of men with signs that said, "Men regret lost fatherhood." I think it was really great they had those because the pro-choice movement seems to exclude men from the equation all together. There people from all over the state of Minnesota (some even traveled 4 hours to come)! Its wasn't exclusively Catholic, there was a lot of Protestants there as well. I heard that there are a lot of other marches like this going on across the US, hopefully there is a huge turnout for those as well! I am a photography major so I got a lot of photos (as always, I bring my camera everywhere haha).

[Image: _MG_7228-2.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7235-1.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7274%2Bcopy.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7279%2Bcopy.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7289%2Bcopy.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7306%2Bcopy.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7380%2Bcopy.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7385.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7412%2Bcopy.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7419%2Bcopy.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7442%2Bcopy.jpg]
Great photos. Glad to hear about a successful march. I pray that lives were saved because of it.
Thanks for posting this .... I wish I had gone.  Today's St Paul paper had coverage on it and some picts (ironically the story ran in the metro/local section placed right next to the obituary section).

While I don't think they (the archdiocese of St Paul) seem all that sypathetic at all to trads, they do a fair amount for the prolife movment IMO.