FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Father Escriva talking to fellow priests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is great.

I love Father St Josemaria.    Smile
St Josemaria escriva indeed was a ver Holy  man and Holy  priest!
I don't get it - Opus is cookooville.
(02-04-2011, 08:57 PM)Donna Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get it - Opus is cookooville.

Now think of the Jesuits and then Ignatius of Loyola. Need I say anymore?
I'm bewildered. Are you really comparing St. Josemaria Escriva to St. Ignatius?
(02-04-2011, 09:45 PM)St. Drogo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm bewildered. Are you really comparing St. Josemaria Escriva to St. Ignatius?
+1
I love St. Josemaria. His words are so touching.
What he is saying is that, the St Ignatius Loyola is a paragon of orthodox Traditional Roman Catholicism, as is, St Josemaria.  However, the Jesuits just as some Opus Dei have, become corrupt or moved away from orthodoxy in recent decades.  Whereas, both were quite orthodox.  Opus Dei from what I know is fairly orthodox and fine (probably a minority of kooks) whereas the Jesuits are the reverse today: i.e. Majority heterodox, minority: orthodox---or so it would seem).
That is precisely what I thought he said and why I expressed my bewilderment. Though I don't doubt his presence among God's elect, many of his political activities were of questionable merit and an unbecoming example to Catholics. Opus Dei was a modernist invention that served primarily to sanctify the spirit of Vatican II. The vital relationship between the priest and the laity and the laity's role in the mass is grossly contorted in the Opus Dei. People will think: Opus Dei, by their works they appear to be very holy and devout Catholics. The post-conciliar Church actively supports their movement. So the spirit of Vatican II can't be that pernicious.  Ergo, we need a reform of the reform.

edit: My point in all this being that St. Josemaria Escriva was never truly a model of orthodoxy nor tradition. Since its inception, Opus Dei has always been populated with kooks.
Pages: 1 2