FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Back from the Philippines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got back from the Philippines this weekend. 

While I’ll miss the polite Asian customs and the good folks there, I’m happy for now to return to my materialistic creature comforts here in the States. 

I wish I could merge the two.  I wish there was a way to have the religious devotion of the Filipinos I was with, and at the same time, the different locale options we have in the States (mountains, deserts, coastal, plains, urban or rural) as well as the job security and higher standard of living. 

I see now that it would be difficult for me, physically, to live in the Philippines.  The humidity, the mosquitoes, the diet there…unless I had three million dollars, I could not do it. 

I returned and was happy to shovel snow out of my driveway.  I enjoy having four seasons instead of two.  Being able to experience cold.  Having the air cleaned with snow. 

We truly are blessed with things here in America.  Most definitely.  Thank You God, for what we have. 

If only the American people were more inclined toward Jesus.  That would be optimal.

I returned and tried listening to some Glenn Beck and found the usual conservative fearmongering to be tiresome.  While I still retain my beliefs that the West is doomed from a catalogue of conspiracies, I’m tired of hearing about that doom.  And I’m tired of politics and world politics, other people’s faiths, philosophies—and so many things that I have no effect on or say in. 

Egypt’s erupting?  And?  Why bother reading anything beyond that headline?

I’m ready to focus on simple things at this point in life.  I learned it’s the Chinese Year of the Rabbit.  Maybe that’s a cue from the Almighty that I need to build those rabbit cages I’ve been planning.  I’ll be able to put my garden into full throttle this year, trying to produce as much food as possible with the space I have.  House repairs.  Buying a new car.  Literature.  Reading of the saints for inspiration.  Currently, I’m reading up on the Revelations of St. Bridget of Sweden. 

In any event, on this forum, I joined hoping that it would be a great place to get information of our Church History, philosophy, culture, saint’s lives, prophecies, and such things.  A place to put in an idea and to have it discussed, to see the thoughts of other Catholics waaay out there in the rest of the country.  It is my aim to return to that approach with Fisheaters, as I’m tired of politicking to people—because talking politics with people always seems fruitless to me, as people only use it as a way to justify themselves to themselves.  Always waiting to be heard instead of trying to listen.  And so on, and so on. 

There’s more to life than to just pandering about ideas in such a manner. 

We’ll see if it’s possible to continue in this manner.  My concern has been that once I started talking in political or philosophical terms, I’d paint myself into a corner, and that’s it. 

We will see, I guess.  Howdy, America.
Yep.

Imagine if China were Christian. There's a wide variety of climates and geographies there, too.
Laramie, I'm pleased you made it home safely.  I'm off to the Land of Aloha on Tuesday, I might even get to the Big Island of Hawaii to see some snow on Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea .  Mabuhay!
(02-06-2011, 05:34 PM)Hawaii Five-0 Wrote: [ -> ]Laramie, I'm pleased you made it home safely.  I'm off to the Land of Aloha on Tuesday, I might even get to the Big Island of Hawaii to see some snow on Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea .  Mabuhay!

I tried to take home three 1-liter bottles of Red Horse, but the airport security there at Mactan International Airport had me take it out of the luggage, saying that the bottles would explode in my luggage.  But at least they let me take home over 10 bolo knives.  Lucky me on that one!

Also, at LAX the family and I opted out of the backscatter radiation machine.  Nothing to it!  Just be bold and ask!
(02-06-2011, 07:21 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2011, 05:34 PM)Hawaii Five-0 Wrote: [ -> ]Laramie, I'm pleased you made it home safely.  I'm off to the Land of Aloha on Tuesday, I might even get to the Big Island of Hawaii to see some snow on Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea .  Mabuhay!

I tried to take home three 1-liter bottles of Red Horse, but the airport security there at Mactan International Airport had me take it out of the luggage, saying that the bottles would explode in my luggage.  But at least they let me take home over 10 bolo knives.  Lucky me on that one!

Also, at LAX the family and I opted out of the backscatter radiation machine.  Nothing to it!  Just be bold and ask!

I hope you drank the Red Horse right on the spot!  Airport security, what  a joke.  They just wanted something to drink for the after work barcada.  I just want to know where all the nail clippers, pen knives and moustache scissors that they confiscate ends up.