FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: North Dakota passes Bill to outlaw abortion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pray this passes the Senate and is signed into Law! Pray

"A strong majority of lawmakers in the North Dakota House of Representatives on Friday afternoon passed a law that would make it illegal to murder any human being from the moment of their conception.

The Defense of Human Life Act, HB 1450, recognizes every human being at any stage of development as a person under state law with a right to protection.

“The overwhelming community and legislative support for HB 1450 proves that North Dakota could be the first state to recognize the value and dignity of every living human being,” stated Representative Dan Ruby. "

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breakin...orn-from-c
(02-11-2011, 11:29 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]Pray this passes the Senate and is signed into Law! Pray

"A strong majority of lawmakers in the North Dakota House of Representatives on Friday afternoon passed a law that would make it illegal to murder any human being from the moment of their conception.

The Defense of Human Life Act, HB 1450, recognizes every human being at any stage of development as a person under state law with a right to protection.

“The overwhelming community and legislative support for HB 1450 proves that North Dakota could be the first state to recognize the value and dignity of every living human being,” stated Representative Dan Ruby. "

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breakin...orn-from-c

I'm glad that the article provides a pdf to the actual bill, which I will be reading in place of the article.  Too many times articles leave important things out for better or for worse.  While reading the definitions, i came across: 

"Human being" means an individual member of the species homo sapiens at every
stage of development.

That the law makes this clear distinction is worth rejoicing.  I almost teared up!  Deo gracias...

Will likely post again upon finishing my reading.

edited for grammar
Encouraging news.
from reading, I understand the law to criminalize abortion but not morning after pills and such.  From the wording at least, thats what I got.

Its a wonderful start!
Deo gratias.  Smile
Of course, such a law would be struck down immediately as unconstitutional.  It's interesting to think of this as a form of legislative civil disobedience, though.  Keep passing illegal laws to show that they shouldn't be illegal.

MLK, jr, would be proud  Wink
I could be wrong but I don't see it getting knocked down. This case will pivot on the question when is sexual reproduction complete. After the cell divides it is complete, as nothing else outside of itself is needed, and if allowed to go it's natural course a human being is born.You gotta love the eugenic geneticists. The very best part is the definition for sexual reproduction comes straight from their atheistic biology.  If expert witnesses are called they will choke on having to affirm that. It won't be like Roe V. Wade where 400 historians filed court briefs testifying that abortion had always been part of the common law. What was known then by anyone with sense and has now come to light is they lied. The very best part is if they get SCOTUS to weigh in, and if I am right all abortions would then be murder.

timotheus
(02-11-2011, 11:29 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]Pray this passes the Senate and is signed into Law! Pray

We can pray and hope, but a similar bill, HB 1572, passed the House in 2009 and was defeatede in the Senate by an uncomfortable 29-16 vote. Pray Pray Pray
(02-12-2011, 12:48 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]

We can pray and hope, but a similar bill, HB 1572, passed the House in 2009 and was defeatede in the Senate by an uncomfortable 29-16 vote. Pray Pray Pray

Yes, sadly I heard about that!!!
(02-12-2011, 12:42 PM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]The very best part is if they get SCOTUS to weigh in, and if I am right all abortions would then be murder.

timotheus

I hear ya man, but If only one more "conservative leaning" Justice retires during the Evil Obama regime, then we are all screwed and we will no longer have a 5-4 majority! I keep getting rumors that either Clarence Thomas or Scalia may be retiring before 2013.... I wish I had a more rosy picture on the SCOTUS doing anything positive, but IMHO they won't as to not enrage the Marxist, feminist masses of "parasites" who will take the streets with clubs and spears if Abortion is deemed murder... >sad
Pray
Pages: 1 2