FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "Traditionalists for Medjugorje"(?) - interesting webpage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seems unusual for those two words to be together in the same sentance, but there is apparently those who feel that the messages of Medjugorje can be reconciled with orthodoxy.

http://www.medjugorje-apologia.com

Just curious to know what your thoughts are on this...

It's not interesting.

It actually doesn't interest me at all.  Smile
They seem to have done good research, and while they clearly show that they are believers, they include evidence that one could use against them. I did notice that they quote the catechism that was promulgated by Pope John Paul II and I thought most traditionalists stayed away from that one.

I will say that I've always took the stance of "I don't believe it, but what if it's true?" and they seem to take the same stance. They're just on believer's side of the spectrum and I'm not. I know I'll probably get rebuked here for taking the "safe" position, but it's how I honestly feel.

I was deployed to Bosnia with the Army for 11 months in 1998 and 1999 and I drove through Medjugorje all the time. Sometimes I saw crowds of people and I always wondered why. I was not a Catholic back then and we received no intel warning of huge crowds or potential road blockages (the roads would be filled with people). Now that I'm a Catholic, I believe I would have at least tried to go there just to witness these things in person, even if I would have been skeptical the whole time.
orthodoxy and traditionalism are not necessairly co-terminous
(02-12-2011, 11:29 AM)damooster Wrote: [ -> ]I know I'll probably get rebuked here for taking the "safe" position, but it's how I honestly feel.

damooster,
You will get rebuked on this forum for many things, not the least of which is for being sensible.  Wink

Your thoughtful response is appreciated.
(02-12-2011, 06:26 AM)Rising_Suns Wrote: [ -> ]Seems unusual for those two words to be together in the same sentance, but there is apparently those who feel that the messages of Medjugorje can be reconciled with orthodoxy.

You have got

*snorts coffee thru nose*

You have got to be kidding....Mega Forgery,OrthodoxHuh?

I think not...
(02-12-2011, 06:26 AM)Rising_Suns Wrote: [ -> ]Seems unusual for those two words to be together in the same sentance, but there is apparently those who feel that the messages of Medjugorje can be reconciled with orthodoxy.

I took a quick look around the website. It looks very polished and well put together, but I don't see who created it. Perhaps it says and I missed it. Do you know? I'd be interested to find that out before reading anything further because I really don't believe these are supernatural apparitions for many reasons.

1. Two bishops from the area have repeatedly said so.
2. The seers have all gotten very  wealthy off of these apparitions.
3. They've documented something like 40,000 messages; many of which go directly against defined doctrine. You can find them online.

Many scandals are involved, too. But suffice it to say something very unnatural is going on there. In other words, it's not all smoke and mirrors.
(02-12-2011, 11:12 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]It's not interesting.

It actually doesn't interest me at all.  Smile

lol
Medjugorje is ridiculously lengthy compared to other apparitions. The "heavenly messages" seem banal and repetitive, almost mechanical. I can't deny the wonderful fruits though.The thing about ongoing apparitions like this, is that one bishop could ban its promotion, and the next bishop could lift the ban. Rome has intervened regarding Medjugorje. A negative decision could happen at any time. But I don't see how it is possible to make a POSITIVE decision on an apparition that is still (allegedly) happening. I don't expect to see it in my lifetime.

(02-13-2011, 04:33 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Medjugorje is ridiculously lengthy compared to other apparitions. The "heavenly messages" seem banal and repetitive, almost mechanical. I can't deny the wonderful fruits though.The thing about ongoing apparitions like this, is that one bishop could ban its promotion, and the next bishop could lift the ban. Rome has intervened regarding Medjugorje. A negative decision could happen at any time. But I don't see how it is possible to make a POSITIVE decision on an apparition that is still (allegedly) happening. I don't expect to see it in my lifetime.

There have been conversions. But Evangelical Christians have conversions, too... Both mix a measure of truth in with falsehoods.
Pages: 1 2