FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest

"...one priest volunteered to me (with absolutely no prompting on my part) the fact that "if the new Holy Father [i.e., Pope Benedict XVI] were to get rid of every gay priest, this Archdiocese could run maybe . . . ten parishes." The [Miami, FL] Archdiocese, at the time, operated at least 121 parishes and/or missions".   http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/giunta/090921

There is no such thing as a homosexual Catholic Priest because a Priest must be a Christian, and a homosexual cannot be a Christian.

Yes, I know.  The 1992 CCC invented a new anthropological category with its allusion to "homosexual persons."  (CCC 2357-2359).  If one allows that there can be such a novelty as a homosexual person, he cannot allow that there is such a thing as a homosexual Christian.  Set aside that never before in the 2,000 year Tradition of Roman Catholic Faith has there been such a category; let us examine the claim very carefully.

The CCC describes it thusly:  "Its [homosexuality] psychological genesis remains largely unexplained."  And why is this necessary?  Why does the psychological genesis of this illicit desire matter?  Is the inference here that 'God made them that way?'  What does the New Testament say?

Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.  Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.  But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.  Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.  Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.  James 1:12-16

Therefore saith the Apostle, the genesis of homosexual desire as with all sin is concupiscience, or the sinful nature.  As with any other sin, it must be confessed, repented of, and the new man in Christ must be put on by faith.  There is no special category of sins, save blasphemy of the Holy Spirit for which there is no repentance possible.  That homosexuals can indeed put on the new man renewed in Christ is evident from St. Paul:

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,  nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.  And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.    1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Follow carefully.  St. Paul does not write "people who commit homosexual acts."  He says, "homosexuals."  He uses that as an identity.  Such WERE some of you... but you were sanctified..."  You are no longer homosexual anymore than the forgiven adulterer is still an adulterer or Saul who became Paul is still a persecutor of Christians.  What saith the Word of the Lord?

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.  II Corinthians 5:17

What then of the 1992 Catechism?  In paragraph 2357 it explains that

Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."  They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

And then in paragraph 2359 states that "Homosexual persons are called to chastity."  Now how can there be such a thing as a homosexual person called to live in chastity as a homosexual person if the Gospel makes all things new and translates us from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of Christ's light making us new creations?  This is a most unfortunate contradiction of Biblical teaching and Church Tradition.  What possible relevance can St. Paul's phrase, "...and such were some of you" have if there can be such a thing as a homosexual Christian?

Homosexual acts are mortal sins.  How then can you join an article denoting a mortal sin to the exalted and sublime title of Christian?  "Homosexual persons?" "Homosexual Christians?"  And God forbid, "homosexual Priests?"  This is blasphemous prima facie.  One can no more be a homosexual Christian than one can be an idolatrous Christian.  By this logic we may counsel the idol worshiper, "now we know that you ARE an idol worshipper, denouncing the one true God and adoring your own evil vanity.  Just don't perform the acts of idolatry but by all means maintain your identity as an idolater." 

Now if it be a contradiction to join a mortal sin to the title of a Baptised person as an identity, what then of those that would join the article (homosexual) of a mortal sin to the title of Catholic Priest, who is by sacramental grace, alter Chrestus (another Christ)?  Could there be a more flagrant, audacious blasphemy?  And we are considering the possibility of a "chaste homosexual person" - what of these who claim to be Catholic Priests and yet practice this depravity? 

The CCC attempts to draw a distinction between the person and the sinful acts.  If I have repented of the acts, why then must I still bear their title as my identity?  Adulterers, idolaters, homosexuals, drunkards, etc... are the preChristian identities Paul gives to sinners who "cannot inherit the kingdom of God."  There can be no other explanation for this sophistry than to justify the presence of homosexuals in the clergy, to include many who have ascended to the episcopacy.  This is the most wicked and destructive kind of scandal for which our Blessed Lord offers the harshest condemnation:

If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.  Mark 9:42

The entire category of "homosexual persons" is a blatant Modernist innovation.  Even the American Psychiatric Association considered homosexuality a mental disorder until the 1980s.  How then can unchanging Catholic moral theology allow for such a twisted distortion of doctrine?  And what are the fruits of such equivocation?  Who would be the most invested in the Modernist impetus to reform the Catholic Church, to include the evolution of its dogmas if not the 'homosexual priest'?  Anywhere you hear this distortion of Catholic doctrine perpetrated, you can be sure the entire Modernist agenda is lurking.

God cannot tempt to sin, therefore it is not possible to say that God made them homosexual.  In fact in Romans chapter 1, St. Paul teaches that "God gave them over to 'vile passions and 'a depraved mind':

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.  Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.  And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting..."  Romans 1:26-28

How can one given over by God to a depraved mind be alter Chrestus?  Or do we mock God?  God did not make them homosexual.  Every man is tempted by his own lusts.  Christ offers new birth (to include a new identity in Him) to sinners through faith and the sacrament of Baptism.  "Such were some of you... but you are washed."  There is no such thing as a homosexual Catholic Priest because one cannot BE a homosexual and simultaneously BE a new creature in Christ Jesus.  One may fight the temptations to homosexual acts and desires until death; but one may not consider himself homosexual in identity and be in a state of grace.  You were a homosexual, but now you are washed... sanctified... justified... in Christ Jesus.  And until you give up the identity of homosexuality, you will not be in a state of grace even if you succeed in what the CCC refers to as chastity.

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil,
who put darkness for light and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
  Isaiah 5:20

Repent.  Turn away from any that claim to be both Christian and homosexual.  And flee any who claim to be a valid Roman Catholic Priest but self-identify as homosexual.  Pray for them, that before God gives them over to a depraved mind (if He has not done so already) they may recover their sense of shame and repent.  And woe to them that teach, preach, and encourage such wicked behavior!  They shall give an account of themselves to Him that sees and knows the secrets of men's hearts.
(02-18-2011, 07:52 AM)Catholic Johnny Wrote: [ -> ]Now if it be a contradiction to join a mortal sin to the title of a Baptised person as an identity, what then of those that would join the article (homosexual) of a mortal sin to the title of Catholic Priest, who is by sacramental grace, alter Chrestus (another Christ)?  Could there be a more flagrant, audacious blasphemy?
That's because homosexuality is not a mortal sin, rather it's the sexual appetite being ordered towards an inappropriate end.

Quote:The CCC attempts to draw a distinction between the person and the sinful acts.  If I have repented of the acts, why then must I still bear their title as my identity?

I guess it depends on whether you define homosexuals as people who sleep with members of the same sex or are attracted to members of the same sex. I don't think that the catechism is saying that homosexuals, chaste or not, should view their sexuality as a defining characteristic of their identity.
Quote:I guess it depends on whether you define homosexuals as people who sleep with members of the same sex or are attracted to members of the same sex. I don't think that the catechism is saying that homosexuals, chaste or not, should view their sexuality as a defining characteristic of their identity.

The CCC makes it entirely possible.  Which is a Modernist novelty without precedent in Tradition.  If you are washed, and no longer a homosexual by the grace of God in conversion, why would you still identify yourself with mortal sin?

The reality is you are either male or female, the only two anthropological categories creation allows.  All else is perversion.  The issue at hand is can a person who self-identifies as a homosexual (a) be a Christian and (b) be a valid Priest.  I say no, based on the clear teaching of the Sacred Scriptures.
If there can be no such thing as a homosexual Christian, then there can be no such thing as an adultering Christian, a lying Christian, a stealing Christian, a lusting Christian, a gossiping Christian, a disobedient Christian, a sleeping in on Sunday and missing the first five minutes of mass Christian, etc., etc., etc.  You've effectively defined it is impossible for ANYONE to truly be a Christian.  Congratulations on condemning yourself to hell by your own act of false piety!
Sweet!  I love armchair theologians, especially when they bitch and moan.
(02-18-2011, 11:27 AM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]If there can be no such thing as a homosexual Christian, then there can be no such thing as an adultering Christian, a lying Christian, a stealing Christian, a lusting Christian, a gossiping Christian, a disobedient Christian, a sleeping in on Sunday and missing the first five minutes of mass Christian, etc., etc., etc.  You've effectively defined it is impossible for ANYONE to truly be a Christian.  Congratulations on condemning yourself to hell by your own act of false piety!

It depends on how one defines them.

Someone who supports (or willfully commits or intends to commit) any mortal sin can be said to be in total defiance of God, hence, not really a Christian. However, this depends on how one defines these terms.

It is not impossible to be truly Christian, but it is harder than some people think. One has to give up all attachment and will for mortal sins at the very least.
(02-18-2011, 11:27 AM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]If there can be no such thing as a homosexual Christian, then there can be no such thing as an adultering Christian, a lying Christian, a stealing Christian, a lusting Christian, a gossiping Christian, a disobedient Christian, a sleeping in on Sunday and missing the first five minutes of mass Christian, etc., etc., etc.  You've effectively defined it is impossible for ANYONE to truly be a Christian.  Congratulations on condemning yourself to hell by your own act of false piety!

No need to overreact, dear friend.  I believe I provided ample proof texts from the New Testament to demonstrate that one cannot "be" a homosexual and a Christian.  Its one or the other.  If you do not know how thoroughly the heirarchy has been infiltrated by homosexuals whom St. Paul teaches have been "given over" by God to a "depraved mind," then you are simply either grossly uninformed or in abject denial of the crisis.  Until we take a stand on the Word of God and the Tradition of the Church and push back against this demonically inspired infection, Modernism will continue to ravage what is left of the visible structures of the Roman Catholic Church.   Anywhere you find toleration of this abominable sin you will find the entire Modernist agenda which is destroying the Church from within.

"The Congregation for Education issued a decision a few years ago to the effect that homosexual candidates cannot become priests because their sexual orientation estranges them from the proper sense of paternity, from the intrinsic nature of priestly being. The selection of candidates to the priesthood must therefore be very careful.
The greatest attention is needed here in order to prevent the intrusion of this kind of ambiguity and to head off a situation where the celibacy of priests would practically end up being identified with the tendency to homosexuality."
  Pope Benedict XVI, Light of the World page 152
Unless we're defining new doctrine, valid matter is a baptized male.
Why can't someone 'be' a homosexual and also a Christian?  Afterall, a sin isn't something you 'are,' it's something you do.
(02-18-2011, 10:02 PM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't someone 'be' a homosexual and also a Christian?  Afterall, a sin isn't something you 'are,' it's something you do.

Did you read the OP?  It isn't my opinion, its the clear teaching of the New Testament.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36