FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Spiderwick Chronicles - Thumbs Up or Down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anybody familiar with The Spiderwick Chronicles?  My youngest son brought one of the books home today and my initial reaction was negative.  After some research I discovered that J.R.R. Tolkien was one of Toni DiTerlizzi's favorite authors which was to his credit.  However,  this author indicated that his favorite composer was "1970's high-heeled, feathered and outrageously bespectacled Elton John."  Oh my! I Google searched the series and discovered that most of the Catholic and Protestant reviews were quite positive.  Could somebody give me their thoughts? 

Pax Christi,
Edmund Campion Huh?
If your so concerned, read the book first.
I've only seen the movie, harmless fun. And just because someone likes Elton John, doesn't mean they are trying to corrupt your kids through literature.
Elton John in the '70s was a lot of fun. Now he's a boring gay activist. I wouldn't make too much of it.
(02-24-2011, 10:39 PM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]Elton John in the '70s was a lot of fun. Now he's a boring gay activist. I wouldn't make too much of it.
Very true