FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Beginning of Lent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am new here, so pardon my presumptuousness if I overreach here, but I was awfully surprised to be looking around this Catholic site, glancing at the Calendar, and seeing no mention of Ash Wednesday or Lent.  So, I added Ash Wednesday. 

Since there’s nobody on the Calendar to argue with, do folks not use the Calendar, so nobody noticed? 
Perhaps with respect to Lent, Trad Catholics “don’t need no stinkin’” Calendar? 

In any event, I’m happy and proud to have saved the day for those among you who will otherwise have forgotten.  Wink

Seriously, what are folks here thinking they may do for Lent? 
(02-25-2011, 12:08 PM)Himagain Wrote: [ -> ]I am new here, so pardon my presumptuousness if I overreach here, but I was awfully surprised to be looking around this Catholic site, glancing at the Calendar, and seeing no mention of Ash Wednesday or Lent.  So, I added Ash Wednesday. 

Since there’s nobody on the Calendar to argue with, do folks not use the Calendar, so nobody noticed? 
Perhaps with respect to Lent, Trad Catholics “don’t need no stinkin’” Calendar? 

In any event, I’m happy and proud to have saved the day for those among you who will otherwise have forgotten.   Wink

Seriously, what are folks here thinking they may do for Lent? 

In the threads below some fishies were discussing what they would do and read on this upcoming Lent:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...156.0.html

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...750.0.html

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...674.0.html
The only thing automatically generated on the calendar is people's birthdays.    LOL

However, you are welcome to add Holy Days (1962 calendar please), and thank you for doing so!

Vox wants me to make an eccelsiastical calendar, and I started one, but it takes a lot of time.  Someday....
(02-25-2011, 03:07 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]Vox wants me to make an eccelsiastical calendar, and I started one, but it takes a lot of time.  Someday....

That would be great.
(02-25-2011, 04:16 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2011, 03:07 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]Vox wants me to make an eccelsiastical calendar, and I started one, but it takes a lot of time.  Someday....

That would be great.

I'll need help proofreading, so I'll post to the forum asking for it when it gets that far.  The calculations are a pain especially when you get into which overrides what.

This is one of the times I wish I hadn't banned glgas.  He knew his calendar well.
(02-25-2011, 04:19 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]

That would be great.

I'll need help proofreading, so I'll post to the forum asking for it when it gets that far.  The calculations are a pain especially when you get into which overrides what.

This is one of the times I wish I hadn't banned glgas.  He knew his calendar well.

Perhaps he could be conditionally readmitted.

Forgiveness is also a quintessential part of FE.
I never use the calendar... lol
(02-25-2011, 04:31 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2011, 04:19 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]

That would be great.

Perhaps he could be conditionally readmitted.

Forgiveness is also a quintessential part of FE.

I almost always readmit people who ask and want to change their behavior that caused problems.  He hasn't asked.

I make people ask instead of reaching out to them not out of arrogance, but because it's a sign they want to be here and are willing to adjust whatever it is they are doing - it shows good faith on their part.  People can hate my guts and I'll let them back in if they behave (which includes if they're going to call me a wanker, fair enough, but do it privately).

In glgas' case, it's pretty clear to everyone (I suspect) what would have to change.  I gave him a lot of rope over years and only slowly started tightening it at the end when it caused too many conversations to devolve.  He was a good contributor otherwise, and I liked having him here.
(02-25-2011, 04:41 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]I never use the calendar... lol

I don't either, but probably because it is pretty useless as-is except for Novenas that people are kind enough to put up there.
(02-25-2011, 04:19 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]I'll need help proofreading, so I'll post to the forum asking for it when it gets that far.  The calculations are a pain especially when you get into which overrides what.

Do you have a copy of the Table of Occurences and Concurrences?
Pages: 1 2