FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Superficial Preaching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a good video a trad seminarian friend of mine posted on Facebook.

I saw this on another blog and hadn't got around to posting it myself.

I know so many people who are fed up with watered down Catholicism.  They are hungering for more.  We need good priests willing to give it to them.
(02-25-2011, 02:23 PM)MaterLaeta Wrote: [ -> ]I saw this on another blog and hadn't got around to posting it myself.

I know so many people who are fed up with watered down Catholicism.  They are hungering for more.  We need good priests willing to give it to them.

That we do!  We need priests willing to "give it to us" in two ways - willing to stand up for Jesus and speak the truth and willing to give it to us when we mess up instead of holding our hand and telling us how sorry they are we messed up but it's okay.  Maybe it's left over from growing up Southern Baptist, but I think people need to be treated more seriously when they flub up - for their own salvation's sake.
(02-25-2011, 02:25 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2011, 02:23 PM)MaterLaeta Wrote: [ -> ]I saw this on another blog and hadn't got around to posting it myself.

That we do!  We need priests willing to "give it to us" in two ways - willing to stand up for Jesus and speak the truth and willing to give it to us when we mess up instead of holding our hand and telling us how sorry they are we messed up but it's okay.  Maybe it's left over from growing up Southern Baptist, but I think people need to be treated more seriously when they flub up - for their own salvation's sake.

Amen!  Say it brother! 

LOL  I couldn't resist.  I used to be protestant and have been to more than one Southern Baptist service where they shout out " Amen.  Preach it brother."

Joking aside, I think you're right.  We don't do anyone any favors by babying people when their salvation is at stake.  That's not true charity.
(02-25-2011, 02:56 PM)MaterLaeta Wrote: [ -> ]Amen!  Say it brother! 

LOL  I couldn't resist.  I used to be protestant and have been to more than one Southern Baptist service where they shout out " Amen.  Preach it brother."

I'm white.  We stuck to bad singing.  LOL

Quote:Joking aside, I think you're right.  We don't do anyone any favors by babying people when their salvation is at stake.  That's not true charity.

Spot-on!  Smile
Fr Casey is good.