FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I love this Padre Pio movie and some other movies, too!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They did a really good job.

*The only thing*: as with a lot of these saints movies that've come out in recent years (and I'm thinking of the Lourdes movie, the one about Jon Bosco, some others) they inevitably mess up when they actors are in the church before the Blessed Sacrament. Either they forget to genuflect, or else the candles are set up funny on the alar, or they say "amen" after receiving the Blessed Sacrament.... But other than these momentary irritations, they're really good. I'll see if I can scout out a few more you tube links for the others ones and if I do, I'll put them up here.

I think we've actually had two threads here about this movie before.  Try checking in the "Arts, Literature, Film, TV and Such" forum.  It was a few months back.

Yes, I love this movie too!
Yeah, I know that thread's around somewhere, nothing new, but I had it in mind to start a thread with a bunch of films that all fall into this category in one place. That might not have been clear, that's why I edited the title-- to make it clearer.

If you think of some, paste 'em up!  Smile Wasn't there a really good one about an Italian doctor? What was his nameHuh?

I know I'll sound dorky for saying this, but sometimes I let the Padre Pio DVD play just for the music. I love the soundtrack, I wish I could find it.
Wasn't there a really good one about an Italian doctor? What was his nameHuh?

Dr. Moscotti

Flavio Insinna plays Fr. John Bosco as well as Brother Paulino in Padre Pio Miracle Man. He also did a fine job in Maria Goretti as the priest. All Italian movies I believe.
(02-25-2011, 05:03 PM)damooster Wrote: [ -> ]I know I'll sound dorky for saying this, but sometimes I let the Padre Pio DVD play just for the music. I love the soundtrack, I wish I could find it.

Oh wow.. I do that too!!  LOL The soundtrack is beautiful though. By the way I own all of the DVDs posted so far. The story of St. Rita Casica and Francis of Assisi are good too. Very long movies. I like to watch it in Italian with English subtitles. That movie about Padre Pio - Miracle Man is excellent!!
(02-25-2011, 05:53 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2011, 05:03 PM)damooster Wrote: [ -> ]I know I'll sound dorky for saying this, but sometimes I let the Padre Pio DVD play just for the music. I love the soundtrack, I wish I could find it.

Oh wow.. I do that too!!  LOL The soundtrack is beautiful though. By the way I own all of the DVDs posted so far. The story of St. Rita Casica and Francis of Assisi are good too. Very long movies. I like to watch it in Italian with English subtitles. That movie about Padre Pio - Miracle Man is excellent!!

I've never seen the St Rita one but the St Francis and Padre Pio ones are great.
Yes to the ones on St. Rita and on Dr. Moscotti (sorry I can't find it on youtube)! Both are rly goood!!! I've never seen the one on St. Francis--something to look foreword to.  Smile

And St. Faustina

Pages: 1 2