FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: NEW BIBLE FROM WACK BISHOPS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Booty' Is Given The Boot From The Bible
Revised Bible Set For Release March 9
POSTED: Wednesday, March 2, 2011
UPDATED: 10:53 am EST March 2, 2011
Email
Print

AP Image
Catholic bishops have kicked the "booty" out of the Bible.
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has ordered up a new translation of the Bible, one it says is more accurate, more accessible and more poetic.
SURVEY: Do You Agree With The Changes In The New American Bible?
"Booty" will be replaced by the "spoils" of war when the newest edition of the New American Bible, the English-language Catholic Bible, comes out on Ash Wednesday, March 9.
Fifty scholars and translators, linguistics experts, theologians and five bishops spent 17 years on the project.
The New American Bible is used by U.S. bishops for prayer and study.
Other changes include:
The word "holocaust" has been replaced by "burnt offering"
Proverbs 31:10, the ode to "The Ideal Wife," is now a "Poem on the Woman of Worth." "Women will like this: being measured by their own accomplishments, not in terms of a husband's perspective," said Mary Elizabeth Sperry of the Bishops Conference.
Among the most controversial changes is in a passage many Christians believe foreshadows the coming of Christ and his birth to the Virgin Mary.
The 1970 version of Isaiah 7:14 said "the virgin shall be with child, and bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel."
The 2011 text refers to "the young woman" instead. It elaborates that the original Hebrew word, "almah," may, or may not, signify a virgin.
Stick to the Vulgate and Douay-Rheims, those are the ones that were used for 1500 years before this flurry of "new" translations came out just before and after Vatican 2 as the Church became more Protestant.
Quote:The word "holocaust" has been replaced by "burnt offering"

That's the biggest bullshit thing about NAB this time around. 

From the USCCB's Facebook page about the NABRE
Quote:Third, the changes reflect modern English usage.  The most notable change in this regard is the consistent substitution of “burnt offering” for “holocaust,” a word now reserved for the sacrilegious attempt to destroy the Jewish people by the Third Reich.  The Holy See required a similar change in volumes II-IV of the Lectionary for Mass.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id...5152340065
Modern vernacular ? Yeah, sure all of the Wiccans are more familiar with "burnt offerings" but not "holocaust" The thing about young woman or virgin is straight out of "higher criticism". This is a direct assault on the BVM. If there is no Virgin Birth, Jesus is not the Son of God, but the Omega point. This is wicked evil.

tim the mad old man
Are the US Bishops going to have to get approval to use these changes for the readings at Mass, or can they start using them right away?
And some people think the reform of the reform is going to happen. :laughing:
Sigh...I was born in the wrong century...
(03-02-2011, 08:08 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]And some people think the reform of the reform is going to happen. :laughing:

Of course!  We need to make the Novus Ordo appealing and more "traditional"...    ::)

Every day the Conciliar Church goes further and further down the rabbit hole...
(03-02-2011, 08:11 PM)Bearded Man Wrote: [ -> ]Sigh...I was born in the wrong century...

So was I. I was born in 1981 I should have been born in 1181.
(03-02-2011, 08:12 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2011, 08:08 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]And some people think the reform of the reform is going to happen. :laughing:

Of course!  We need to make the Novus Ordo appealing and more "traditional"...    ::)

Every day the Conciliar Church goes further and further down the rabbit hole...

Yeah I dont see why people even belong to it anymore. Its such a joke.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9