FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Akita Japan and the Quake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was blessed to go to Akita in May of last year.

It is set on a hill and it was very quiet then with only two sisters around at the time with one walking a dog. The kindly older sister let me in early to the chapel. The statute of our Lady of Akita is on the left side of the building with its own room and the right side is for St. Joseph. I was surprised at the smallness of the statute; however, it was a wonderful and quiet time with the sliding doors open and the only sounds were of the birds. I was able to stay for about an hour before I had to return to western Japan.

While I was buying up a lot of stuff from the small gift shop I asked the sister there how Sister Agnes Sasagawa was and she said fine but is not staying at the convent there and the sister did not say anything else. So, at least, as of May of last year Sister Agnes is gone from the convent. Additionally, the Church in Japan does not seem to like to talk too much about Akita. Fr. Onoda and the SSPX conduct a pilgrimage every year there in May (however, I was not on that pilgrimage).

It is interesting that the Governor of Tokyo province, Ishihara, had said that the quake and tsunami was "tembatsu" which is divine punishment for the greediness of the Japanese people. My wife, who is Japanese, agrees. I wonder what lays in store for America if such has happened to Japan.
This comment has to do with Akita and not the quake.

It is my understanding , only recently discovered, that Akita was never approved by the Holy See but only by Bishop Ito of Japan.  All this time I  thought it was approved by Rome. Is it true that the current bishop of Japan does not believe in it and is  trying to reverse it?
Disheartening!
  Which leads me to another thought.  Tell me if I'm nuts but it smells kinda fishy , that what was previously mentioned by some in the church that Akita was similar if not exactly like Fatima apparitions.  Am I nuts to think that by distorting or outright denying that Akita messages are true , thereby  cancelling out the true Fatima message unstated in 2000?

http://members7.boardhost.com/CathPews/m...11782.html
http://www.theotokos.org.uk/pages/unappr...akita.html

(03-13-2011, 12:55 AM)charlesh Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing I don't understand about Akita is these words of Our Lady:
Quote:The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church, in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops.

She refers to this interior chaos of the heirarchy as something in the future. Yet this was in 1973, after the devil had already infiltrated into the Church and the damage was already done.

Like most prophecies, we don't really know the full meaning until it actually takes place.  But perhaps Our Lady was warning us of another Great Western Schism.

Here's a hypothesis, tomorrow Pope Benedict abrogates the New Mass, requires every Roman Rite priest to learn and say the Traditional Roman Rite Mass, condemns the ecumenical movement and starts teaching the orthodox Catholic Faith, what would happen?

There would be an uprising, many people might say the Holy Father has gone off the deep end and must be deposed, as he is no longer acting rationally or in accordance with the spirit of Vatican II.  Cardinals get together and elect a replacement pope, Pope Annibale. So now there is a split in the Church between those who accept Pope Benedict as the true pope and those who accept Pope Annibale as the true pope.  So there are Cardinals on both sides, Bishops on both sides.  In every diocese, you have two people clamoring for the title of Bishop -- one whose obedience is to Pope Benedict, one under Pope Annibale.  Parishes are split and in vast swaths of the world, Pope Annibale is the only voice of authority and Benedict's bishop is a lame duck who can't pull together anymore than a handful of supporters.

Then Pope Annibale throws the ecumenical movement into overdrive and casts a wide net, drawing all peoples into his new Religion of Unity, Inner Peace and Tolerance.  Thus, we would have our true ecumenical antipope, the Antichrist.

Just a thought...
(03-22-2011, 12:10 PM)thomas7 Wrote: [ -> ]This comment has to do with Akita and not the quake.

It is my understanding , only recently discovered, that Akita was never approved by the Holy See but only by Bishop Ito of Japan.  All this time I  thought it was approved by Rome. Is it true that the current bishop of Japan does not believe in it and is  trying to reverse it?
Disheartening!
  Which leads me to another thought.  Tell me if I'm nuts but it smells kinda fishy , that what was previously mentioned by some in the church that Akita was similar if not exactly like Fatima apparitions.  Am I nuts to think that by distorting or outright denying that Akita messages are true , thereby  cancelling out the true Fatima message unstated in 2000?

The local bishop of Akita Mgr Ito approved the apparitions. Canonically it is as if it was a Vatican's approval and nobody can overturn it now.
Moreover the prudent bishop Ito went to the Vatican with a well documented file begging a Vatican's official support, which so far as I know was given by Cardinal Ratzinger verbally if not in writing.
In addition Cardinal Ratzinger was reported by Mr Howard Dee, ambassador of the Philippines Republic to the Holy See, as saying  that Akita's and Fatima's apparitions are "essentially the same".
IMHO these words of the future Pope have now the same value as an official approval of the Vatican

Anyways these apparitions and the very WORDS that our Lady confided to Sr Agnes are extremely uncomfortable for a lot of high ranked modernists of the Vatican (and elsewhere) since they look to say the 3rd Secret's hidden part they strive to suppress since 1960.
But our Lady is more stubborn than they are...
(03-13-2011, 10:16 AM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]Today's Mass at EWTN had a one hour homily.
:o

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I start getting antsy when Father's homily hits the 15 minute mark.  His shorter Sunday ones (the daily ones are like one minute and he doesn't even leave the altar) are zingers even though he isn't the greatest public speaker, he never shirks from proclaiming Catholic Truth (although since he's FSSP, I know he feels gagged when speaking at public Mass, he does sometimes very much push the line even at Mass).  But when they start getting longer, they start rambling and I get lost and start tying and untying my veil in knots...

I have no idea how prots sit through one hour sermons!

I'm happy to listen to retreats and other classes, that's one thing, but not at Mass.
(03-13-2011, 07:51 PM)James02 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the Lord is just getting the North American plate really stressed out so He can unleash a Magnitude 10 on San Francisco. 

I was listening to a sermon on AudioSancto (I forget which one) and the priest, who was speaking somewhere in Southern California, said, "If you're living in Hollywood, move" because it's not going to be pretty....
In my response to James 02's scenarion for the prophecies, Akita is where I get the formal Schisn from. It is also mentioned in Apoc. 12 with the Dragon sweeping 1/3 of the stars from heaven. Nic will disagree here but  this is what I think. The stars of heaven are the Clerics and it is Schism, in being cast to earth. Heaven is the Church and cast to earth is expelled from the Church. The son of the Woman (the Church) is the Pope that straightens this out, probably Peter the Roman from St. Malachi of Armagh. Pray the Rosary.

tim
(03-22-2011, 01:51 PM)maso Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2011, 12:10 PM)thomas7 Wrote: [ -> ]This comment has to do with Akita and not the quake.

Disheartening!

The local bishop of Akita Mgr Ito approved the apparitions. Canonically it is as if it was a Vatican's approval and nobody can overturn it now.
Moreover the prudent bishop Ito went to the Vatican with a well documented file begging a Vatican's official support, which so far as I know was given by Cardinal Ratzinger verbally if not in writing.
In addition Cardinal Ratzinger was reported by Mr Howard Dee, ambassador of the Philippines Republic to the Holy See, as saying  that Akita's and Fatima's apparitions are "essentially the same".
IMHO these words of the future Pope have now the same value as an official approval of the Vatican

Anyways these apparitions and the very WORDS that our Lady confided to Sr Agnes are extremely uncomfortable for a lot of high ranked modernists of the Vatican (and elsewhere) since they look to say the 3rd Secret's hidden part they strive to suppress since 1960.
But our Lady is more stubborn than they are...
  Oddly enough , the Medjugorje case went to Rome as well.  When is the local bishop's approval going to mean anything anyway?
(03-22-2011, 01:50 PM)pilgrimtochrist Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2011, 12:55 AM)charlesh Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing I don't understand about Akita is these words of Our Lady:
Quote:The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church, in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops.

She refers to this interior chaos of the heirarchy as something in the future. Yet this was in 1973, after the devil had already infiltrated into the Church and the damage was already done.

Like most prophecies, we don't really know the full meaning until it actually takes place.  But perhaps Our Lady was warning us of another Great Western Schism.

Here's a hypothesis, tomorrow Pope Benedict abrogates the New Mass, requires every Roman Rite priest to learn and say the Traditional Roman Rite Mass, condemns the ecumenical movement and starts teaching the orthodox Catholic Faith, what would happen?

There would be an uprising, many people might say the Holy Father has gone off the deep end and must be deposed, as he is no longer acting rationally or in accordance with the spirit of Vatican II.  Cardinals get together and elect a replacement pope, Pope Annibale. So now there is a split in the Church between those who accept Pope Benedict as the true pope and those who accept Pope Annibale as the true pope.  So there are Cardinals on both sides, Bishops on both sides.  In every diocese, you have two people clamoring for the title of Bishop -- one whose obedience is to Pope Benedict, one under Pope Annibale.  Parishes are split and in vast swaths of the world, Pope Annibale is the only voice of authority and Benedict's bishop is a lame duck who can't pull together anymore than a handful of supporters.

Then Pope Annibale throws the ecumenical movement into overdrive and casts a wide net, drawing all peoples into his new Religion of Unity, Inner Peace and Tolerance.  Thus, we would have our true ecumenical antipope, the Antichrist.

Just a thought...

Throw in Medjugorje for flavor and added zing and voila, a new pan-ecu church of mother earth...
(03-22-2011, 02:34 PM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]In my response to James 02's scenarion for the prophecies, Akita is where I get the formal Schisn from. It is also mentioned in Apoc. 12 with the Dragon sweeping 1/3 of the stars from heaven.

I've never thought about the stars being anything but angels.  However, if you want to say they could be clerics, the 1/3 number is far too low.  The apostasy will be almost total by the end.

Read Msgr. Robert Hugh Benson's novel "Lord of the World".  It's beautiful and prophetic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4