FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Watching paint dry and Seminaries offering TLM courses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...Its the waiting that gets you.

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commenta...t-why-not/

Good news in the right direction.

Read the rules! Read the rules!

Rule 2.  Don't just post URLs with no summaries, no effort at explaining what the URLs link to. Preferred is the posting of entire articles (or, if they're extremely long, their relevant parts) -- and especially preferred is the posting of articles accompanied by some of your own commentary. It makes things much more interesting and stimulates responses! And please cite sources!

(03-14-2011, 11:04 PM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]Read the rules! Read the rules!

Rigorist!
(03-14-2011, 11:06 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]

Rigorist!

You got it!  I hate opening a thread and just finding a URL, and Vox must, too, since she wrote the rules.
(03-14-2011, 11:15 PM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2011, 11:06 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]

Rigorist!

You got it!  I hate opening a thread and just finding a URL, and Vox must, too, since she wrote the rules.

Yes-man!
Waaaah

Rule 2.  Don't just post URLs with no summaries, no effort at explaining what the URLs link to. Preferred is the posting of entire articles (or, if they're extremely long, their relevant parts) -- and especially preferred is the posting of articles accompanied by some of your own commentary. It makes things much more interesting and stimulates responses! And please cite sources!

Glad I've got some backup! LOL I absolutely hate opening a post that doesn't follow this rule and, as a general rule, I just go to the next post without clicking on the link. If it's so boring and uniformative that the OP has nothing to say about it, why should I bother?
Yes, please post summaries. Augstine Baker does a perfect job every time, actually, when he posts his blog entries.
It's especially annoying if you're on a mobile phone and can't click on the link too  Smile
Quote: Cardinal Rigali, Archbishop of Philadelphia, has recently declared that the Extraordinary Rite should be available “to those who prefer it”, and that seminarians ought to be taught to say it. He isn’t just talking the talk but walking the walk: he is introducing seminarians to the Extraordinary Form at the St Charles Borromeo seminary (this vast establishment is one of the sights of Philadelphia)

What Cardinal Rigali is not telling the public is that he has forbidden the priests to even mention the Traditional Latin Mass at the Novus Ordo, or for priests to even bring it up as a "pastoral option."   His explanation?  "It must come from the people."  So he is making every effort to prevent the people from hearing about it at all.  Philadelphia parishes are filled with some of the most theologically ignorant  and badly catechized Catholics in the U.S.A.  Philly is a "hometown." Most of the parishes are made up of people that were born in the archdiocese and have lived there their whole lives.  It's purely a cultural attendance at mass for the most part. 

Any priest who comes into the diocese and wishes to say the TLM must go to one of the three locations in the whole archdiocese (which is huge) for Sunday mass. (not counting the SSPX chapel) 

We have many more priests who are capable of saying a fine TLM who rarely get the oppotunity to do it.  They have to wait their turn or wait till the regularly scheduled priests go on retreat, vacation or leave the diocese for the SSPX. 

St. Charles Seminary is less than 2 blocks from Our Lady of Lourdes.  The only regular TLM is 7:30 am low mass.  There are no altar boys.  Serving mass is done by middle aged and older men in suits who still remember.   Often the priest has no server and has to do the mass completely himself with attempts at a "dialogue mass."   

I don't know the reason but I do know that 2 years ago, there were a lot of  collars and cassocks in the pews attending and they were suddenly gone.   You'd think a major seminary within easy walking distance would be able to spare a seminarian (maybe two?) to learn to serve the low mass as part of their training.  It would help to train altar boys in the future, but tha's just me thinking about it too much.