FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Somebody write to Fr Z.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I would but I was banned looong ago. 

But someone needs to write him about a quote he has from Damien Thompson. 

http://wdtprs.com/blog/

In the column titled "Is this real"

He quotes Thompson and while the substance of the issue is fine,  the flourish "FFS"  at the end is repulsive (when you know what it means) and it really shouldn't be seen in good Catholic media and it certainly should not even be quoted on a priest's blog. 

I'm more than a little tired of the degradation of society being reflected in the brutal choices of words that are used, implied and distributed without a thought as to what it does to children and how animalic it makes the user appear. 

Fr Z should be writing these fellas that he links articles to and give them a pastoral reminder about building up society and not participating in it's collapse. 
For the interest of conveying the gravity of the offending phrase to those who don't know (and to prevent any perilous Google searches), "FFS" is an acronym for "for f***'s sake".

I stopped reading Fr. Z's blog a while back. He seems to have a penchant for vulgarities. I recall reading his blog when rumors of Summorum Pontificum were first hitting the air waves, with him warning his readers not to "bitch" if the Motu Proprio didn't meet their expectations.

... How charming for a Priest, eh?
FrZ:
From a concerned person (not me).
While the substance of the issue is fine,  the flourish "FFS"  at the end is repulsive (when you know what it means) and it really shouldn't be seen in good Catholic media and it certainly should not even be quoted on a priest's blog. 

I posted this.  Smile
Very kind of you. Thank you for that.  Tip o' the hat
I've sent him e-mails (via his form) in the past as Quis from Fish Eaters on relevant things, and he just ignores me.  LOL

Probably a prudent move, though....
I don't see "FFS" on Fr. Z's blog--just on Damian's.
There is something not right with that priest.    He sure does have a lot of groupies though.
(03-16-2011, 12:07 PM)spasiisochrani Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see "FFS" on Fr. Z's blog--just on Damian's.

Yup he took down the FFS! way to go, Gerard & CollegeCatholic!
Father Z would benefit from being in a regular situation, but he's not because things as they are are messed up and Liberals and Homos run the show.

He does what he can with what he's got, and nobody's perfect.
Woot, lol!  Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4