FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Card. Burke Pontifical Mass in Australia (some video)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the New Liturgical Movement:

...Here is one of the videos, wherein you will see the prayers at the foot of the altar and the incensation of the altar, while the Kyrie from Victoria's Missa O Quam Gloriosum is sung.

http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/201...fical.html

This kind of stuff always reminds me of what one of the German Bishops said after the SP was proclaimed something to the effect that "there was no demand for the old Mass."

:laughing:
I enjoyed this. Thanks, Unam. The comment from the US Marine is pretty funny, too.

But I have a question: I noticed the laity stood when the priest ascended the altar. Is that a regional variation? Was this at the beginning of the Collect, then? 
(03-16-2011, 09:24 AM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]I enjoyed this. Thanks, Unam. The comment from the US Marine is pretty funny, too.

But I have a question: I noticed the laity stood when the priest ascended the altar. Is that a regional variation? Was this at the beginning of the Collect, then? 

A liturgical choir stands to sing the Kyrie, so the laity may simply be observing the same posture as the  choir.

The thurifer was going nuts swinging that thurible.  Maybe he was having trouble getting the coals going?
Too bad it is only 3:00 minutes long.  I want to see them carry the Faldstool in.
(03-16-2011, 09:44 AM)Christus Imperat Wrote: [ -> ]Too bad it is only 3:00 minutes long.  I want to see them carry the Faldstool in.
No faldstool. Throne.
Aussies do things right.
My friend over there reported that Burke's MC was quoted as saying 'My trip to Australia was like a holiday. Everything was prepared'.
(03-16-2011, 09:24 AM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]But I have a question: I noticed the laity stood when the priest ascended the altar. Is that a regional variation? Was this at the beginning of the Collect, then? 

I assume the laity stood up because the liturgical choir and all the other ministers stood up at that point. Posture doesn't really matter for the laity in the Tridentine Mass, but it's a good rule of thumb to follow the liturgical choir. This can be confusing, though, for points where the choir alone sings. For example, if they were standing to sing the Introit during the prayers at the foot of the altar, it would probably still be more appropriate for the laity to kneel. Standing is always appropriate during the Kyrie because everyone can sing it, and singing requires standing.
(03-17-2011, 07:31 AM)Orville_B_Croft Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2011, 09:44 AM)Christus Imperat Wrote: [ -> ]Too bad it is only 3:00 minutes long.  I want to see them carry the Faldstool in.
No faldstool. Throne.
Aussies do things right.
My friend over there reported that Burke's MC was quoted as saying 'My trip to Australia was like a holiday. Everything was prepared'.

I didn't think a Bishop can make use of the throne unless he is the ordinary of the place.  Someone correct me here.
(03-17-2011, 10:13 AM)Christus Imperat Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't think a Bishop can make use of the throne unless he is the ordinary of the place.  Someone correct me here.

Cardinals may make use of the throne anywhere. That's why.
(03-17-2011, 05:26 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2011, 10:13 AM)Christus Imperat Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't think a Bishop can make use of the throne unless he is the ordinary of the place.  Someone correct me here.

Cardinals may make use of the throne anywhere. That's why.

I didn't know that.  Thanks for the info.  Do you know when and how that started?  I presume this right for the Cardinals comes from the Pope.