FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Church in England to be restored by Catholic priests dedicated to Latin Masss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
DK, the buildings r property of fr. gov, and just about anyone can occupy them under the law, which I don't ent undrstnd.

It wld b nice to see sspx and ind "take" over more churches instead of letting the estrons desecrate them by their depraved rites.
Yes I know that. But it is stolen property. The french gov stow the property from the church. Why Catholics wpuld hold tht as just is a bit weird in me books. Wasn't it around 1900 that the French gov passed the law stealing chrchs from their rightfully owners ie tue cstholic church? Mybpoint is the frenh gov may well own all chrch propert NOW in France but it's stolen property
imbstunned cstholics trads even wpuld accept this
granted  I'm weird I guess

We don't have much choice, but to work within existing laws till they can be changed, but this current law can be used to our advantage as happened in 1977.
Sure bt it's not just. My Pontiac. To masks idea that it's justly French gov property. No it's not. It s French gov property but ts not just as is stolen from the church
my o2
it's nt just but it is what it is
(03-17-2011, 09:56 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Sure bt it's not just. My Pontiac. To masks idea that it's justly French gov property. No it's not. It s French gov property but ts not just as is stolen from the church
my o2
it's nt just but it is what it is

I don't think anyone is arguing that the French Government has a right to control the Church edifices.  Only that this is the state of affairs.

As AB pointed out, sometimes this can be better than having the French Bishops control them. 

I wonder if the SSPX, FSSP, or ICR could buy some of them.  Dioceses in the US will specifically put clauses into the sale of a Church to prevent it from ever being used by the SSPX.  Jews or Pentecostals are a-ok though.
Maso posted  tha church  property is justly  gov property. I'm just saying while the French gov does now hold all chrchs to be it's own  it doesn't make it just. It makes ir what t is theft but not just
my o2

(03-17-2011, 09:19 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Maso how is stolen church  property ie cstholi burchs lawfully the govs? That's doesn't sound cstholic now does it? Or is it just for govs to streak but not the rest of us?
mmmm

All the french churches built before 1903 lawfully became the property of the french government.
I agree with you, this may be compared to a legal theft. But once you have pondered how much the french CC's incomes have been reduced by the times being while the maintenance fees for all this buildings (some are very old like Paris Notre-Dame, and even older) have rocketed and are now at the government expenses, paid by all the taxpayers be they catholics or atheists, (or muslims...) one may but to agree that it was a good thing.
Don't you think so?
The French Gov has always trampled on the rights of the Church.  Right now, this is an accomodation which has advantages and serious disadvantages.  Obviously, controlling the real-estate gives you more political power and independence.
(03-17-2011, 12:48 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]The French Gov has always trampled on the rights of the Church.  Right now, this is an accomodation which has advantages and serious disadvantages.  Obviously, controlling the real-estate gives you more political power and independence.

I believe that this has much more advantages than disadvantages. Theoretically, the govt may devote the closed churches to other cults, but in the facts this seldom happened until now like I explained previously.
In addition, french people even the tepidous ones and those who don't believe since long are attached to their national heritage and  would not but exceptionally accept a church to become a mosque or to be destroyed for another use.
I remember the "crusade" of the actress Brigitte Bardot on that issue some years ago.
I trust that in his infinite wisdom God is keeping our churches in preparedness for the renewal of the true Faith that will take place once Russia will be consecrated
(03-17-2011, 01:05 PM)maso Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2011, 12:48 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]The French Gov has always trampled on the rights of the Church.  Right now, this is an accomodation which has advantages and serious disadvantages.  Obviously, controlling the real-estate gives you more political power and independence.

I believe that this has much more advantages than disadvantages. Theoretically, the govt may devote the closed churches to other cults, but in the facts this seldom happened until now like I explained previously.
In addition, french people even the tepidous ones and those who don't believe since long are attached to their national heritage and  would not but exceptionally accept a church to become a mosque or to be destroyed for another use.
I remember the "crusade" of the actress Brigitte Bardot on that issue some years ago.
I trust that in his infinite wisdom God is keeping our churches in preparedness for the renewal of the true Faith that will take place once Russia will be consecrated

Those are all important considerations, but they all point to the weakening of the Church's importance in France, not its benefit.  although I agree that certain public entertainment figures like, Oriana Fellacci et al have some utility for us, there are many more disadvantages to the Church's dependence on the State
Pages: 1 2 3