FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Church in England to be restored by Catholic priests dedicated to Latin Masss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Editor: We heard earlier how Muslims are trying to occupy churches abandoned by the effete and ineffective types who generally control the Church in France. It's not like Muslims harass women or anything. We did see an SSPX priest take over a French parish in 1977, why not? Now we're hearing about a different kind of occupation taking place in blighty. It's as if the tabletistas have finally acquiesced to superior and more virile claims of authenticity.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2011...ed-by.html
Good news, but I was hoping we were getting back a Church stolen from us at the Deformation! LOL
(03-16-2011, 02:14 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Good news, but I was hoping we were getting back a Church stolen from us at the Deformation! LOL

Also covered at RC

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2011/03...gland.html
(03-16-2011, 02:06 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]Editor: We heard earlier how Muslims are trying to occupy churches abandoned by the effete and ineffective types who generally control the Church in France. It's not like Muslims harass women or anything. We did see an SSPX priest take over a French parish in 1977, why not? Now we're hearing about a different kind of occupation taking place in blighty. It's as if the tabletistas have finally acquiesced to superior and more virile claims of authenticity.

Why not give us more info about the article?  See Rule 2 of the Forum Rules for an explanation of what I mean.  Some of us don't click to stories without more information up front.

Oh, what a shame.
(03-17-2011, 12:22 AM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2011, 02:06 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]Editor: We heard earlier how Muslims are trying to occupy churches abandoned by the effete and ineffective types who generally control the Church in France. It's not like Muslims harass women or anything. We did see an SSPX priest take over a French parish in 1977, why not? Now we're hearing about a different kind of occupation taking place in blighty. It's as if the tabletistas have finally acquiesced to superior and more virile claims of authenticity.

Why not give us more info about the article?  See Rule 2 of the Forum Rules for an explanation of what I mean.  Some of us don't click to stories without more information up front.

I'm sometimes confused by what Augustine puts as a preface to his articles on his blog, but he certainly prefaces them to a sufficient length and sticks around to discuss with those who click through and read.  I'm not Quis, but I remember that that rule seemed to be put into place because there were quite a few threads being made with absolutely no description and a link alone. 

If you feel like there isn't enough information in his threads then maybe just steer clear, eh?
(03-17-2011, 12:22 AM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know where to source this information about the "churches abandoned by the effete and ineffective types who generally control the Church in France"? That's a tale.
Yes certainly one may find one or two examples of french catholic churches given to muslims and transformed in mosques: The churches are lawfully the Govt's property and they may be devoted to another cult in the case they no longer serve to the catholic cult since many years.
But, believe me, the muslims are very reluctant to use our former churches as mosques because they say they are too "marked" by the true Religion of Christ.
In fact most of closed churches in France remain so and no new cult is performed.
One may dream that a new surge in the vocations will bring many new priests who will reopen them in the future.
"The effete and ineffective types who generally control the Church in France".

I don't reckon that those who control the RCC in the US or in England are stronger or more effective than the french ones in any respect
Maso how is stolen church  property ie cstholi burchs lawfully the govs? That's doesn't sound cstholic now does it? Or is it just for govs to streak but not the rest of us?
mmmm
maso, the article isn't about USA, but the church's leadership has a common consistency to it, like dirty bathwater or ... thin gruel.
Pages: 1 2 3