FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Wow. Old heresy is apparently alive and well...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-17-2011, 09:16 AM)kingtheoden Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2011, 01:19 AM)Vivace Wrote: [ -> ]Reminds me of a ridiculous article I read on a "Catholic" website about this song:

http://www.bustedhalo.com/features/god-in-gaga Wrote:Lady Gaga’s new single, “Born This Way,” is an anthem for the different. The song offers words of encouragement for everyone on the margins of society, including gay people, members of racial minorities, and even the “broke.”

Quote:Gaga is spreading the good news of Jesus Christ, whether intentionally or not. Her views on celibacy, personal strength and individuality are certainly laudable; and far more compelling is what she has to say about human nature and human suffering.

Quote:From her attention to human suffering, I’m reminded of the Christian theme of uniting your sufferings with Christ’s suffering. Gaga is demanding that the marginalized be seen as the valuable, beautiful, Christ-like people they are.

Lady Gaga is eccentric for sure. She can be grotesque. She can be vulgar. But she is a role model of Christian virtue precisely because it seems unlikely that she would be. She has the potential to introduce God to so many people precisely because it doesn’t seem like she is doing so. Lady Gaga is telling a huge, devoted audience that God loves them.

:pazzo:

Isn't it funny what webs Protestants can spin!

(03-17-2011, 02:22 AM)churchesoffortwayne Wrote: [ -> ]Any I wish she would have stuck with the piano she could have been another artist like sara barellis, or nora jones, in that genera, she can sing and play a decent piano, and fairly pretty without all the junk on her face and wierd clothes heck as an italian american I bet she was baptized catholic as was the origional material girl Maddona.

She was and In fact she went to Catholic high school.  Great to see the New York bishops correcting their flock.  (Archbishop Dolan, like Chaput, doesn't believe in excommunications it seems.)

I don't think it would make sense to publicly excommunicate her, does she even go to Church any more?  Though obviously she shouldn't receive Holy Communion while promoting immoral lifestyles and the LGBT agenda.
(03-17-2011, 09:47 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer open heresy to veiled modernism. At least Gaga is being so blatant as to be easily rejected.

One would hope... but didn't someone post above from a 'Catholic' website about how the sing is apparently ever Christian?

(03-17-2011, 10:39 AM)Neoinarien Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2011, 09:47 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer open heresy to veiled modernism. At least Gaga is being so blatant as to be easily rejected.

One would hope... but didn't someone post above from a 'Catholic' website about how the sing is apparently ever Christian?

Exactly so the website is modernist and Gaga is a heretic. I prefer Gaga - at least she's cold instead of lukewarm.
(03-17-2011, 10:45 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2011, 10:39 AM)Neoinarien Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly so the website is modernist and Gaga is a heretic. I prefer Gaga - at least she's cold instead of lukewarm.

Haha, well put.  Kudos for building in the contextually apt and appropriate Revelations reference.
(03-17-2011, 10:11 AM)Christus Imperat Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it would make sense to publicly excommunicate her, does she even go to Church any more?  Though obviously she shouldn't receive Holy Communion while promoting immoral lifestyles and the LGBT agenda.

You are right, given the almost universal hands off approach, making an example of Gaga's music would not serve a consistent purpose.  That is, except for love of her soul, which I think is valuable enough (again, kind of hard when a large portion of Bishops and Priests apparently believe the population of hell is 1 [Adolph Hitler.])

If Bishops did their jobs instead of endless 'ecumenism' and bureaucratic make-work, they would directly condemn this sort of stuff and we would know where we all stand.  That way, we wouldn't have neo-Catholics jumping up and down saying that Gaga is actually spreading the Gospel.

Pages: 1 2