FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Wow. Old heresy is apparently alive and well...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think this video does an excellent job of advancing a lot of gnosticism's (to use the popularly coined term) and occult views.

And for some very interesting analysis of the imagery, icons and lyrics:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness...manifesto/
Reminds me of a ridiculous article I read on a "Catholic" website about this song:

http://www.bustedhalo.com/features/god-in-gaga Wrote:Lady Gaga’s new single, “Born This Way,” is an anthem for the different. The song offers words of encouragement for everyone on the margins of society, including gay people, members of racial minorities, and even the “broke.”

Quote:Gaga is spreading the good news of Jesus Christ, whether intentionally or not. Her views on celibacy, personal strength and individuality are certainly laudable; and far more compelling is what she has to say about human nature and human suffering.

Quote:From her attention to human suffering, I’m reminded of the Christian theme of uniting your sufferings with Christ’s suffering. Gaga is demanding that the marginalized be seen as the valuable, beautiful, Christ-like people they are.

Lady Gaga is eccentric for sure. She can be grotesque. She can be vulgar. But she is a role model of Christian virtue precisely because it seems unlikely that she would be. She has the potential to introduce God to so many people precisely because it doesn’t seem like she is doing so. Lady Gaga is telling a huge, devoted audience that God loves them.

:pazzo:
Terrifying.  

As a former Lady Gaga fan (I liked Poker Face and Just Dance), I avoid her like the plague.

A tool of the homosexual agenda, and, ultimately, Satan.

Do not watch this video.
I have never heard a Lady Gaga song (I can't believe there is a pop star with such a stupid name.  Wang Chung sounds dignified now. )  I work in the music industry and I've heard she actually has decent pipes.  Is this song worth listening to in order to demonstrate her chops?  If not, what should I listen to in order to hear whether there is real talent in there or not?
(03-17-2011, 01:42 AM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]I have never heard a Lady Gaga song (I can't believe there is a pop star with such a stupid name.  Wang Chung sounds dignified now. )   I work in the music industry and I've heard she actually has decent pipes.  Is this song worth listening to in order to demonstrate her chops?  If not, what should I listen to in order to hear whether there is real talent in there or not?

I knoticed all the occult and gay symbols in the video as well, still its lyrics are tamer then some of her past songs.

Any I wish she would have stuck with the piano she could have been another artist like sara barellis, or nora jones, in that genera, she can sing and play a decent piano, and fairly pretty without all the junk on her face and wierd clothes heck as an italian american I bet she was baptized catholic as was the origional material girl Maddona.

She dont do herself justice with all the fake glam, nor the credibillity of being a real artist and a real musician.
(03-17-2011, 01:44 AM)Vivace Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2011, 01:42 AM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]I have never heard a Lady Gaga song (I can't believe there is a pop star with such a stupid name.  Wang Chung sounds dignified now. )   I work in the music industry and I've heard she actually has decent pipes.  Is this song worth listening to in order to demonstrate her chops?  If not, what should I listen to in order to hear whether there is real talent in there or not?

It's too bad she sold herself to the industry.
Yea no kidding, she sounds good as a jazzy piano singer, that wrote her own songs, and a nice italian american girl next door that I would not be ashamed to bring home to my family who by the way on moms side are italian american, though they seemed to have forgot who they are and what church is supposed to mean, and the one goes because I take him to traditional mass on friday nights, he kind of likes it he says but I cant read his emotions too well he says hes happy when he lookes bored, so its hard telling.  and the other says she goes on sunday but i go on saturday night to a novas ordo, and traditional on sunday if I can or during the week on weekdays.
(03-17-2011, 01:19 AM)Vivace Wrote: [ -> ]Reminds me of a ridiculous article I read on a "Catholic" website about this song:

http://www.bustedhalo.com/features/god-in-gaga Wrote:Lady Gaga’s new single, “Born This Way,” is an anthem for the different. The song offers words of encouragement for everyone on the margins of society, including gay people, members of racial minorities, and even the “broke.”

Quote:Gaga is spreading the good news of Jesus Christ, whether intentionally or not. Her views on celibacy, personal strength and individuality are certainly laudable; and far more compelling is what she has to say about human nature and human suffering.

Quote:From her attention to human suffering, I’m reminded of the Christian theme of uniting your sufferings with Christ’s suffering. Gaga is demanding that the marginalized be seen as the valuable, beautiful, Christ-like people they are.

Lady Gaga is eccentric for sure. She can be grotesque. She can be vulgar. But she is a role model of Christian virtue precisely because it seems unlikely that she would be. She has the potential to introduce God to so many people precisely because it doesn’t seem like she is doing so. Lady Gaga is telling a huge, devoted audience that God loves them.

:pazzo:

Isn't it funny what webs Protestants can spin!

(03-17-2011, 02:22 AM)churchesoffortwayne Wrote: [ -> ]Any I wish she would have stuck with the piano she could have been another artist like sara barellis, or nora jones, in that genera, she can sing and play a decent piano, and fairly pretty without all the junk on her face and wierd clothes heck as an italian american I bet she was baptized catholic as was the origional material girl Maddona.

She was and In fact she went to Catholic high school.  Great to see the New York bishops correcting their flock.  (Archbishop Dolan, like Chaput, doesn't believe in excommunications it seems.)
I prefer open heresy to veiled modernism. At least Gaga is being so blatant as to be easily rejected.
Pages: 1 2