FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fr. Corapi's "deep pockets"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Anytime most folks hear that priests have money, they flip.

Of course, most all of them (probably to a man) dream about winning the lottery or coming into big money by some means, so I can't help but wonder if any of them have noticed the inherent hypocrisy in that.

Prob'ly not.
(03-21-2011, 05:02 PM)Pilgrim Wrote: [ -> ]If that's the case, then how can the lawyers get at the money?  It no longer belongs to Father Corapi, right?

If they can get it from a diocese for a diocesan priest's behavior, then they can get it from a religious order for a religious priest's behavior. And they have succeeded in the past in doing just that.
(03-21-2011, 05:29 PM)Kopp Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2011, 05:02 PM)Pilgrim Wrote: [ -> ]If that's the case, then how can the lawyers get at the money?  It no longer belongs to Father Corapi, right?

If they can get it from a diocese for a diocesan priest's behavior, then they can get it from a religious order for a religious priest's behavior. And they have succeeded in the past in doing just that.

First of all, we have no idea if he donated a substantial portion to his order or not. Let's establish that fact first, before going on to further speculation. I would also like to know if Relevant Radio and EWTN pay to run his talks as well. A lot is offered free of charge to the general public, but I must say that his materials on his website ain't cheap. Not drawing any negative conclusions, just stating an observation.
I heard years ago that Father Corapi gave that money to his religious order.
I don't mean to be inappropriate sweeties, but whenever I see his name I think "Fr. Crappy."

Give myself one of these:  :fish:
(03-21-2011, 04:55 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2011, 04:50 PM)Pilgrim Wrote: [ -> ]That makes sense, of course.  I know that priests get paid for their position.  I guess I just get confused on what they do with that money.  Do they have to spend it on rent and food just like the rest of us?

Most priests (not the idealized kind) presumably have hobbies. Reverend Father Corapi does hunting, at least based on one picture I saw. And while the ideal priest prays and ministers to people all the time, surely we all know of priests who spend more time hanging out in the rectory or driving nice cars. For the unscrupulous man, diocesan priesthood can be one of the cushiest jobs ever. After all, it's pretty much impossible to be fired.

Unless they start teaching and preaching the truth.  Then they are in a whole world of trouble.
I'm sure there is some kind of financial advantage for those accusers of father, you know they wouldn't be in it for the long haul without a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

It's usually about the money in the end, not always, but usually.

On another note, I didn't see fathers CCC series on EWTN or his Sat nite specials either.

Guilty until proven innocent I guess for the phonies at that network, let the shunning begin. ::)
alaric, honey, why do you call yourself a "lone wolf"?
(03-21-2011, 07:48 PM)patriciaa Wrote: [ -> ]alaric, honey, why do you call yourself a "lone wolf"?
Because I usually don't run with the pack.......... ;D
(03-21-2011, 07:41 PM)patriciaa Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mean to be inappropriate sweeties, but whenever I see his name I think "Fr. Crappy."

Give myself one of these:  :fish:

You really do have a one track mind, don't you, my little super-pooper.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9