FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fr. Corapi's "deep pockets"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(03-22-2011, 02:29 PM)Don Quixote Wrote: [ -> ]  Now with that said,  he was warned by a friend years ago, that a feminist (possibly new ager) was working for him and was warned that she would bring him down.  She had an agenda, and this new look has a woman's touch all over it, imo.

How does the new look have a woman's touch? It looks like he dipped his chin in black shoe polish. Of course I see women in their 80s with jet black hair and others with fire engine red. I try not to care but it's just that they look foolish. Now you take men and this Yul Brynner shaved head thing, I guess it looks better than bald-ing but it still seems to me an act of defiance against growing old (or bald) gracefully. Oh well, for what it's worth I like the photo of Fr. Corapi second from the left - the 1 year ago shot with the gray beard and a little weight on him. He looks distinguished.  And the first photo is darling.
(03-22-2011, 03:20 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2011, 02:29 PM)Don Quixote Wrote: [ -> ]  Now with that said,  he was warned by a friend years ago, that a feminist (possibly new ager) was working for him and was warned that she would bring him down.  She had an agenda, and this new look has a woman's touch all over it, imo.

How does the new look have a woman's touch? It looks like he dipped his chin in black shoe polish. Of course I see women in their 80s with jet black hair and others with fire engine red. I try not to care but it's just that they look foolish. Now you take men and this Yul Brynner shaved head thing, I guess it looks better than bald-ing but it still seems to me an act of defiance against growing old (or bald) gracefully. Oh well, for what it's worth I like the photo of Fr. Corapi second from the left - the 1 year ago shot with the gray beard and a little weight on him. He looks distinguished.  And the first photo is darling.

No offense, perhaps i am wrong.  Anyways, he was quite sick for a while and than this sudden turn of events. Prayers.
I don't know, I  find the "Padre Pio" beard cool in the first pic. We have a Capuchin from York who sometimes fills in for Sung mass. He has the Padre Pio thing going on. For some reason, the full beard has the old wise man thing going for it that makes him LOOK the part. He looks too televangelist in the goatee pics.
This thread has devolved into an afternoon coffee-klatsch gossip session of bored housewives. "They say Fr. so-and-so had an affair, and, just look at him, he's trimmed his beard, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's all true."

Sheesh.
I'm going with some televangelist producer told him to do it for ratings.  That seems the most probable.
(03-22-2011, 05:39 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going with some televangelist producer told him to do it for ratings.  That seems the most probable.
If that's the case, then it will actually have the opposite effect. People followed and listened to father because they believed he was real.

Not some hollywood makeover plastic priest.

His transformation would cause him to lose his base.

Maybe that was the plan.
(03-22-2011, 05:44 PM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2011, 05:39 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going with some televangelist producer told him to do it for ratings.  That seems the most probable.
If that's the case, then it will actually have the opposite effect. People followed and listened to father because they believed he was real.

Not some hollywood makeover plastic priest.

His transformation would cause him to lose his base.

Maybe that was the plan.

Yeah, I don't see that look as going over well with anybody, except the Anton LaVey fan club and would they be watching EWTN?

[Image: carapi-appearance.jpg]

He looks best in the first pic on the left, by far.
(03-22-2011, 09:08 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ][Image: carapi-appearance.jpg]

He looks best in the first pic on the left, by far.

He's slowly but assuredly becoming Anton LaVey.
Looks like he had a face lift about 7 months ago.  Notice how different his eyebrows are from the pic on the left.  Bad move on the tan and shoe polish.  Oh well, he needs our prayers now no matter what the scenario.  Hope no one ever examines me this close! Uggh!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9