FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fr. Corapi's "deep pockets"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(03-25-2011, 03:51 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: [ -> ]I recently heard that priests can keep the money from the collection at mass. I never heard that before. True or not? And what about the vow of poverty?

Not true. It goes to the Parish. However, the pastor's salary is the first lien on the Parish.

Diocesan priests do not take a vow of poverty.
(03-25-2011, 04:33 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]What's the difference if the timeline is off?

Why bother with it at all then?  If the timeline is worth putting up, why is it not important to put up a correct timeline? 

Quote: The point is he looked older and more innocent 19 years ago if Gerard is accurate.

No.  He looked like he was in his 40s when he was in his 40s and he looks like he's in his 60s now that he's in his 60s.

Quote:  I got that image from a blog and it may have been initially posted 9 months ago, so the picture that says "one month ago" may in fact be actually ten months ago.

So what? Are we studying the Zapruder film here?

Again, I didn't put up photos of the man with a bogus timeline.  The fact is, you can't claim some kind of radical change by condensing the timeline. 

Quote: Is that the best you got to explain his satanic appearance?

No. I wasn't even trying to explain his look.(which is not Satanic, Anton Levay did not invent the Van Dyke beard with a bald head look.)  I was pointing out the bogus timeline which looks like an attempt to smear the guy. 

Quote: Must be. And the fact that this timeline may be off or that he appears more normal on Facebook is an indication that it bothers you as well.

No. It doesn't.  I saw him back in October in Newark and he looked fine.  Frankly cleanly shaving the head looks good on him. more than a wispy hairline struggling to maintain itself. 

The dying of the gray hair in the beard and the eyebrows is probably a work in progress like any man who changes a grooming feature after undergoing a significant shock to the body. 
(03-25-2011, 04:33 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]What's the difference if the timeline is off? The point is he looked older and more innocent 19 years ago if Gerard is accurate. I got that image from a blog and it may have been initially posted 9 months ago, so the picture that says "one month ago" may in fact be actually ten months ago.

So what? Are we studying the Zapruder film here?

Is that the best you got to explain his satanic appearance?

Must be. And the fact that this timeline may be off or that he appears more normal on Facebook is an indication that it bothers you as well.

It's not just his deep tan and the black-dyed moustache and goatee. His eyebrows did not have a peak arch 10 years ago. His nose also is more bulbous than before.

I saw these changes in his appearance only today. I was shocked; horrified. Fr. Corapi was my favorite homilist and a most admired priest. He himself had said often that the Devil is an opportunist; and the Devil surely would especially go after influential priests and holy people. Fr. Corapi needs our prayers. I will pray to our Blessed Mother who once brought John Corapi back to his faith and the Church.
(03-26-2011, 07:35 PM)luvgabe Wrote: [ -> ]It's not just his deep tan and the black-dyed moustache and goatee. His eyebrows did not have a peak arch 10 years ago. His nose also is more bulbous than before.

I saw these changes in his appearance only today. I was shocked; horrified. Fr. Corapi was my favorite homilist and a most admired priest. He himself had said often that the Devil is an opportunist; and the Devil surely would especially go after influential priests and holy people. Fr. Corapi needs our prayers. I will pray to our Blessed Mother who once brought John Corapi back to his faith and the Church.

The nose and ears continue to grow throughout a person's life.  See below for a comparison between a young and old Vladimir Horowitz..

[Image: vladimir-horowitz-avatar-1969.jpg]  [Image: VladimirHorowitz3.jpg]

or Rachmaninoff

[Image: rachmaninoff.jpg]  [Image: W2097.jpg?size=67&uid=afab40fa-42dd-4adb...b204a15946]

Add to that fact, the other fact of Fr. Corapi's 60 pound weight loss and some of that is going to come out of the face and neck and so the eyes, teeth and nose and ears will be larger proportionate to the cheeks, jowls and neck.

People  should not get all worked up over his change in appearance.  He is healthier now than he was two years ago and he's in the best shape he's been in since his  20's. 

If his obedience to the 5th commandment in taking care of himself after a big scare is resulting in feeling restored to youthful vigor, those gray hairs may not be representing how he feels, and it may bother him since he is the one that has to look in the mirror each day and greet himself.  It's not necessarily "satanic" or "vanity".'  I suspect, if he bought comfortable shoes that cost a few hundred dollars people would be complaining about that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9