FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: iHave an iTunes gift card...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
...that I won from taking a survey for my diocese's "Young Adult Ministry committee" or something along those lines. I made sure my responses to the free-response questions were super-traddy (I'm pretty sure I used the term "false ecumenism" at least twice).

SO, if you had $25 to spend over at iTunes, what would you purchase? I figure that since I won the gift card because I took a Catholic survey, I might as well purchase something related to Catholicism in some way. Any recommendations?
Ke$ha.
(03-23-2011, 08:34 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Ke$ha.

This.
(03-23-2011, 08:45 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2011, 08:34 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Ke$ha.

This.

I couldn't agree more.
Go for some Gregorian Chant! I'm eyeing some works from the Saint-Benoit-du-Lac monastery. For myself, I would get Mozart's Vespers or some masses by Schubert next (I just bought 22-disc collection Bach sacred works, so I'll be working on that for awhile... it was $31 at Amazon Canada but $49.99 on iTunes Canada). But other than that Bach set everything appears to be cheaper on iTunes. Certainly Bach's St John's Passion and St Matthew's Passion are cheaper on iTunes than in-store.

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...483.0.html

There is also a good sampler called Sacred Music. 30 tracks for the 30-disc larger set for $9.99
"iHave"... oh, Penelope  :laughing:

I'm not sure about what you should buy, but you can go on iTunes U and get some free hymns and chants... just search for "Christendom College" and you should be able to find them.

I guess that doesn't help you figure out what to buy, though.  :laughing:
I just downlaoded Florence and the machine (wicked awesome album), and the Pierces (super crazy cool) offa iTunes...
(03-23-2011, 08:14 PM)Penelope Wrote: [ -> ]I figure that since I won the gift card because I took a Catholic survey, I might as well purchase something related to Catholicism in some way. Any recommendations?

pay attention, folks!!
yeah...oops...nevermind then!
(03-23-2011, 09:21 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]yeah...oops...nevermind then!

heh heh. seriously though CC about the abums you snapped up, what do you like about 'em? never even heard of those guys so anyone you could compare them to?

I use iTunes to download 4 hours a week of trance podcasts, so there is definitely lots of good free music out there too
Pages: 1 2 3