FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fr. Corapi Being Pulled from EWTN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(03-25-2011, 09:38 AM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2011, 09:19 AM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-24-2011, 01:07 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]EWTN just ain't Catholic... too many prots and old laywomen running the show.  Nothing good comes of that.
Boy is this the truth, I can't even turn that channel on without some liberal old hag or "former" Prot convert on there spewing their nonsense.

The only thing worth viewing was MA old shows, Corapi's CCC and Bishop Sheen.

Now it's down to two.

Here's my thinking. If you have moved beyond it, which is the goal, good for you and me. But, I do think the network does and has done a lot of good for a lot of lukewarm Catholics and badly catechized Catholics, which is about 100% in my generation. Without EWTN, I doubt Michael Voris would have emerged. The Church took a long time to come to this sorry state, it wll take years to rebuild. But rest assured, it will be rebuilt.

Father Corapi got me back into the Confessional after a 30 year hiatus. Father Pacwa's shows are pretty good, and I also used to like The Journey Home by Marcus Grodi, although I have tired of the conversion stories, and hearing about getting over the Catholic devotion to our Lady. And of course, I very much enjoy Dale Ahlquist's shows on Chesterton, the Apostle of Common Sense.
There is some truth to what you say, but when I see start seeing these old liberal "church lady's", ex-prot bible commentators, or shows like that "life on the rock" nonsense I reach for the remote as soon as possible.

There is still some good going on at the network, but the more time goes on it's seems to be slowly morphing into some kind of ecumenical-modernists liberal media outlet.

I don't really watch much TV anymore and with that channel going to where it's going, I'll be watching even less, maybe that's a good thing.

I will say this, Fr Corapi was a big influence on my return to the Church as well and I believe, he was a big part of the catalyst of the networks success, as far as I'm concerned he's done more than just about any other programming for the network outside of Mother A herself and now they're dropping him like hot potato well before anyone really knows whats going on with these "accusations". Like somebody said before, they have a habit of doing that, just going on like you never existed.

Something very wrong in that.
The generality of the people who've appropriated the network gone wrong are very hostile to Traditionalists at EWTN, but they used to program good stuff.  Like a lot of people, I haven't bothered with EWTN in years.
Agreed with Alaric on the limited selection. And I've had enough of old women waxing on religion for a lifetime, so that leaves only Sheen now. And the occasional papal event.

And is it just me, or has EWTN been suffering from an increasing amount of cheese factor?
EWTNs cheese factor is directly proportionate to the number of cheesy people there.
I have missed the gossip.  What's  Fr. Corapi supposed  have done, has he been a naughty boy?
I used to listen to EWTN, years ago,  and  enjoyed Fr. Corapi,'s  talks.

Thanks.
(03-25-2011, 10:53 AM)FlosCampi Wrote: [ -> ]I have missed the gossip.  What's  Fr. Corapi supposed  have done, has he been a naughty boy?

Thanks.

Uh, no.
(03-25-2011, 10:53 AM)FlosCampi Wrote: [ -> ]I have missed the gossip.  What's  Fr. Corapi supposed  have done, has he been a naughty boy?

Thanks.

Probably the best place to find out is from Fr. Corapi himself.  Read "A Call to Prayer" at the top of his site.

http://www.fathercorapi.com/default.aspx
(03-25-2011, 10:21 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]EWTNs cheese factor is directly proportionate to the number of cheesy people there.

The cheese factor is through the roof.
(03-25-2011, 12:02 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ][quote='FlosCampi' pid='723627' dateline='1301064792']
I have missed the gossip.  What's  Fr. Corapi supposed  have done, has he been a naughty boy?

Thanks.

Probably the best place to find out is from Fr. Corapi himself.  Read "A Call to Prayer" at the top of his site.

http://www.fathercorapi.com/default.aspx

Thanks for putting me in the picture Quis.   
I find the reports of  hard to believe.

Pages: 1 2 3