FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Anniversary of the Death of Archbishop Lefebvre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Today, March 25th is the 20th anniversary of  Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre's death.  I would just like to repeat what Cardinal Oddi said  while visiting the Archbishop's tomb......  Merci, Monseigneur [ Thank you, Your Excellency.]
Deo Gratias, for giving Msgr Lefebvre to Your Church, God.

RIP.  :pray:

EDITED to correct my idiotic misspelling of 'Lefebvre'.
:pray:
(03-25-2011, 08:35 PM)JMartyr Wrote: [ -> ]Today, March 25th is the 30th anniversary of  Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre's death.  I would just like to repeat what Cardinal Oddi said  while visiting the Archbishop's tomb......  Merci, Monseigneur [ Thank you, Your Excellency.]

Actually, it's the 20th, not the 30th, as he died in 1991. How fitting that he died on a Feast Day of Our Lady, The Annunciation. But, yes, merci beacoup, Monseigneur.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let Thy perpetual light shine upon him, and may he now be at peace. Amen. :pray:
(03-25-2011, 08:46 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2011, 08:35 PM)JMartyr Wrote: [ -> ]Today, March 25th is the 30th anniversary of  Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre's death.  I would just like to repeat what Cardinal Oddi said  while visiting the Archbishop's tomb......  Merci, Monseigneur [ Thank you, Your Excellency.]

Actually, it's the 20th, not the 30th, as he died in 1991. How fitting that he died on a Feast Day of Our Lady, The Annunciation. But, yes, merci beacoup, Monseigneur.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let Thy perpetual light shine upon him, and may he now be at peace. Amen. :pray:
Thanks for pointing that out. Math was my worst subject!  :laughing:
(03-25-2011, 08:50 PM)JMartyr Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2011, 08:46 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks for pointing that out. Math was my worst subject!  :laughing:

No problem!  ;)  :w2go:
A Collection of Tributes to a Catholic Bishop
http://sspx.org/news/archbishop_lefebvre...bishop.htm
Featuring: Dying on the day when all begin | Thank you, Your Excellency! | A Pictorial Biography | Biographies on Archbishop Lefebvre | Bibliography for Archbishop Lefebvre 3-25-2011

http://sspx.org/pastors_corner/pastors_c...h_2011.htm
Pastor's Corner: 20th Anniversary of the Death of Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
Twenty years ago Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre passed away... 3-25-2011
[Image: Archbishop+Marcel+Lefebvre+(4).jpg]

PRAYER FOR THE
CANONIZATION OF HIS GRACE
ARCHBISHOP MARCEL LEFEBVRE

O Jesus, Eternal High Priest,
who didst deign to raise Thy faithful servant Marcel Lefebvre
to the Episcopal dignity and to grant him the grace of being a fearless defender
of the Holy Mass, of the Catholic Priesthood, of Thy Holy Church, and of the Holy See,
of being a courageous apostle of Thy Kingdom on earth, of being a devoted servant of Thy holy Mother,
and of being a shining example of charity, of humility and of all virtues; bestow upon us now,
by his merits, the graces we beseech of Thee, so that, assured of his efficacious intercession with Thee,
we may one day see him raised to the honours of our altars. Amen.
Quote:PRAYER FOR THE
CANONIZATION OF HIS GRACE
ARCHBISHOP MARCEL LEFEBVRE

:pray: Amen.
Differences aside, we all owe a great deal to Apb. Lefebvre. If it wasn't for him we would probably not have priests and churches today. RIP, Monsignor.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8