FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What does Fisheaters growth mean? What does Fisheaters itself mean for the world
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(03-31-2011, 09:40 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]It's quite likely that the more people alienated by the conciliar religion come in, the messier the forum will become. The risk of infection is greater, since most people have a liberal baggage. But I'm sure Quis will adapt the rules to the changing circumstances.

And I'm also dependent on people like you, Vetus, who work charitably to deprogram them and also give me something to shoot for in my own life.  Our fellow Catholics are all we have in this world; we're dependent on each other to a large degree, especially since the bishops have shirked their responsibilities for the last 40+ years.

As I said in another post, the forum swings around a bit.  I just try to keep it aimed to the North Star, but I am dependent on others here to do the apologetics and charitable convincing and fine ruddering.  My skills are technology and crowd control (i.e., janitor and policeman).
(03-31-2011, 09:45 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]My skills are technology and crowd control (i.e., janitor and policeman).

:laughing:
(03-31-2011, 05:03 PM)Roger Buck Wrote: [ -> ]Going from something like a 100 + a month this time last year to four, five times that ...

I wonder if this is mainly reflective on additional effort by Vox, Quis whoever ... or if it might show (??) a real growth of interest in traditional Catholicism in general ...

I am new to traditional Catholicism, and to the FE boards (I lurk way more than I post!), so my experience is very limited. But I wonder if a growth of interest in tradition could be from a lot of previously content NO'ers getting fed up at last with the ever escalating liberties taken with the NO masses. As a personal example, the NO parish where I entered the church went from ho-hum NO, to radically liberal in less than two years. Perhaps it's that the NO has at last "jumped the shark" for a lot of people, and they are ready to start looking for something more authentic. Just a guess.
I think that's part of it Monica.  Parishes tend to get more liberal, not more orthodox.  Sometimes it happens in reverse, but not too often.  I think people's cups are running over, as is God's when it comes to the nonsense.
(03-31-2011, 09:10 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2011, 08:48 PM)Genius Wrote: [ -> ]I am part of this recent growth.

I would like to congratulate QuisUtDeus for having me as a member, and for doing the work necessary to make this forum attractive to people of my caliber.

I will congratulate myself for that as well.  But, I cannot take credit.  Vox, who wrote most of the site, is actually of your caliber (she's in Mensa and was one of the youngest members to join; I won't tell her IQ scores because I don't want to embarrass her, but they're impressive).  Me, the closest I come is that I'm a Pinky and the Brain fan, and mostly because of Pinky.

More than likely it is her that attracted you and I that will repel you when you read enough of my posts.  Glad to be of revulsion service, and you're welcome in advance :tiphat:

;D

It is possible that this is true. But geniuses, like Santa, can't get very far in life without helpers. So I tip my hat to you for being a good helper.
Well, I recently joined this forum, albeit I am familiar with the FE website regarding traditional Catholicism. I hope to participate more often in the future as I read through the various threads on the forum.
(04-01-2011, 12:23 AM)PA650 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I recently joined this forum, albeit I am familiar with the FE website regarding traditional Catholicism. I hope to participate more often in the future as I read through the various threads on the forum.

Welcome to the forum!
Well, FE's collective girth is growing. Soon she'll be like St Nicholas: fat and jolly.  :D
I think true growth here would be an increase of supernatural charity as a fruit of mutual encouragement in traditional Catholic doctrine, life and liturgy.
(03-31-2011, 09:26 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe everyone is getting banned on other forums so they come here?  I'm wondering if I'll be one of those soon. 

Kidding, of course.  I'm sure there are real reasons there is a boost of new users here. 
:laughing: There's an element of truth to this!
Pages: 1 2 3 4