FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Gadhafi could be Jewish!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:But the hushed-up rumors in Libya about 's parentage involved his mother being Jewish. The stories have conflicted over the years, and the narratives are different. One had her converting to Judaism at age 9. In another, Gadhafi's grandmother is Jewish but leaves her husband for an Arab sheik.

A more specific claim, backed up by a Libyan historian, is that Gadhafi was born out of wedlock to a Jewish woman and an Italian soldier in a village east of Tripoli. Because of the shame surrounding the birth, the baby was given to a Catholic cardinal who in turn gave the child to the sheepherder and his wife.

....snip

Last year, Israel's Channel 2 interviewed two Israeli women of Libyan origin who claimed to be Gadhafi's Jewish relatives.

A journalist named Mary Pace wrote a book last year called "Gadhafi's Secret" in which she claims that Gadhafi should be considered Catholic because he was born to an Italian officer who impregnated a Libyan girl and then took the baby to Venice, where he was baptized at the age of 8 or 9 months.
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/31/the-my...es-jewish/

Well, the Jew part would explain some things...
I don't see the relevance of this to anything.  To Catholics, Judaism is a concern as a false religion, not as an ethnic group. 

And, I could say the Italian part would explain some things, too.  Maybe he's a tool of the Mafia.
Does this mean we can stop bombing him now?
Vetus, that falls into the forbidden category because it can be taken as a slur even if you didn't mean it that way.  Sorry.
(03-31-2011, 10:29 PM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]Does this mean we can stop bombing him now?

I doubt it.  He's probably been whatever the Jewish version of excommunication is.
(03-31-2011, 10:38 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2011, 10:29 PM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]Does this mean we can stop bombing him now?

I doubt it.  He's probably been whatever the Jewish version of excommunication is.
There is none. If you were born a Jew, you are always a Jew, even if you change your religion and you will die a Jew.

That are their rules, not ours.

But Jews that don't go along with the program are expendable for the cause.
(04-01-2011, 01:25 PM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]

There is none. If you were born a Jew, you are always a Jew, even if you change your religion and you will die a Jew.

I had written something similar.

The definition of "Jew" for Jews is by blood, not by beliefs.
(04-01-2011, 03:48 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2011, 01:25 PM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]

I had written something similar.

The definition of "Jew" for Jews is by blood, not by beliefs.

I think they have something along the lines of excommunication, though, where you are set outside the faithful....

I'll try to find what I'm thinking of unless someone can chime in with a suggestion.
(04-01-2011, 05:01 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]I think they have something along the lines of excommunication, though, where you are set outside the faithful....

I'll try to find what I'm thinking of unless someone can chime in with a suggestion.

Baruch Spinoza maybe? From Wikipedia:

Quote:Baruch Spinoza adopted Pantheism, broke with Rabbinic Judaism tradition and was excommunicated. Nevertheless the Jewish influence in his work from Maimonides and Leone Ebreo, is evident. Some contemporary critics (e.g. Wachter, Der Spinozismus im Judenthum) claimed to detect the influence of the Kabbalah, while others (e.g. Leibniz) regarded Spinozism as a revival of Averroism; a talmudist manner of referencing to Maimonidean Rationalism.

Jews view themselves as a people and a faith. So a leaopard csnt change it's spots but csn change it's faith. I can see their point. An Italian friend of mine apostasized to being some weirdo prod. It does put o e I. A mind cramp.  Sure there ar wiralian prods bt I just find t weird sp
for what it's worth
iv also know. An Italian Buddhist bur for some reason I wasn't as weirded out
I dunno

Pages: 1 2 3