FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Does your priest dress in pink?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Wanted to make the topic name an attention-grabber!

I converted thru an NO RCIA program in 2010. The Monsignor at the Basilica I attended insisted on wearing the traditional rose-coloured vestments on Gaudete Sunday and Laetare Sunday. I loved all those sort of little holdovers, so when I discovered that Tradition was alive and well I was easily sold on it.

Are the rose-coloured vestments for these two Sundays obligatory or optional in the TLM? They're optional in the NO.

http://www.fisheaters.com/customslent7.html
Liturgical colors are part of the rubrics and AFAIK are obligatory.
(04-01-2011, 05:55 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]

It says "The uploader has not made this video available in your country." Why would someone do that? Canada rocks regardless...
Real men wear pink; at least, I do.  Embarrassed
(04-01-2011, 07:07 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2011, 05:55 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]

It says "The uploader has not made this video available in your country." Why would someone do that? Canada rocks regardless...

What does Canada have against the Psychedelic Furs?
(04-01-2011, 07:17 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: [ -> ]Real men wear pink; at least, I do.  Embarrassed
I'll be proudly wearing my pink tie Sunday.  Wink
I've heard from one person that in the NO, wearing pink/rose is optional.  I don't know how reliable that source is and I never bothered to research it.

At my church (NO), the pastor wears pink/rose vestments.
The Priests at my parish are FSSP, so it's a safe bet they'll wear pink vestments.
To my knowledge rose vestments are optional in the NO
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5