FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 5th Marian Dogma/Petition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ave Maria!

This petition is charitably being collected by Vox Populi Mariae Mediatrici who are working very hard to collect millions of petitions begging the Holy Father to proclaim our most Holy and Blessed Mother Mary, the Mediatrix of all graces, Co-Redemptrix and Advocate. 

During this holy season, please take a few moments to sign the petition, won't you?  For the love of our Mamma...

The Petition can be signed by clicking the link below:

http://www.fifthmariandogma.com/index.php?option=com_breezingforms&view=form&Itemid=602

There is a prayer that may be said daily, which is on the main page of the site to Our Lady of All Nations.

Pax et Bonum! 

(04-03-2011, 08:15 PM)All For The Immaculate Wrote: [ -> ]Ave Maria!

This petition is charitably being collected by Vox Populi Mariae Mediatrici who are working very hard to collect millions of petitions begging the Holy Father to proclaim our most Holy and Blessed Mother Mary, the Mediatrix of all graces, Co-Redemptrix and Advocate. 

During this holy season, please take a few moments to sign the petition, won't you?  For the love of our Mamma...

http://www.fifthmariandogma.com/index.php?option=com_breezingforms&view=form&Itemid=602

There is a prayer that may be said daily, which is on the main page of the site to Our Lady of All Nations.

Pax et Bonum! 

Dogmas are proclaimed when there is a heresy apparent that would be silenced by proclaiming a dogma.  It is inappropriate to petition for a dogmatic proclamation when there is no opposing heresy to warrant it.
(04-04-2011, 04:57 PM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]

Pax et Bonum! 

Dogmas are proclaimed when there is a heresy apparent that would be silenced by proclaiming a dogma.  It is inappropriate to petition for a dogmatic proclamation when there is no opposing heresy to warrant it.

There was no opposition to the Assumption when it was defined.

I actually do not think that the Co-Redemptrix should be defined as dogma, though.
I'm not putting my home address on anything online unless I'm ordering goods from a secure site. Just sayin'. :)
(04-04-2011, 05:00 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2011, 04:57 PM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]

Pax et Bonum! 

There was no opposition to the Assumption when it was defined.

I actually do not think that the Co-Redemptrix should be defined as dogma, though.
Are you sure about that? I had always heard that Pius XII was reacting to the trend among some modernists to minimize the traditional role and importance of the Blessed Virgin Mother by denying certain traditional teachings such as the Assumption.
Internet petitions and polls have no value.

If they did, it would be inappropriate for matters of the faith.

One could set up petitions to support homosexuals, contraception, and whatever the modern world wants.
(04-04-2011, 05:08 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure about that? I had always heard that Pius XII was reacting to the trend among some modernists to minimize the traditional role and importance of the Blessed Virgin Mother by denying certain traditional teachings such as the Assumption.

OTOH, I've heard that he was responding to the petitions of the Faithful (not online petitions, obviously! :laughing:).
I'm against petitions for this sort of thing (I can go into a long discourse on why as well).  Prayer is the way to go to obtain things like this.  God will make it happen in His time if it is to be done.
(04-04-2011, 05:10 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]Internet petitions and polls have no value.

Why?

CIC, 1983 Wrote:Canon 212, §2. The Christian faithful are free to make known to the pastors of the Church their needs, especially spiritual ones, and their desires.

(04-04-2011, 05:16 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2011, 05:10 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]Internet petitions and polls have no value.

Why?

Why do Internet petitions and polls have no value? That is reality. Clicking is easy, but it makes no difference except in satisfying one's personal urge to do something.
Pages: 1 2