FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Look a the remodel of this church! Large pics.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's another bit of evidence of the Benedictine Papacy: the renewal of beauty and tradition.

Many readers have no doubt watched their beautiful parish church get stripped of its reredos, communion rails and statuary in the name of the "reorientation" of the liturgy since Vatican II. However, since Pope Benedict has exposed that lie for what it is, more parishes seem to be losing their embarrassment of beauty and tradition.

Our example today is St. Peter the Apostle Church in Lake Charles Louisiana. Above we see its ho-hum Vatican II-era bare-bones interior. Below, we see a beautiful example of a sanctuary that serves the needs of the Vatican II Church while also capable of accommodating the Traditional Latin Mass that the Holy Father wishes to be available to all Catholics. True inclusiveness, real continuity (and good-looking too).

Before:[Image: 06240023.jpg]

AFTER:
[Image: dsc04506.jpg]
It's certainly an improvement!  Smile

Interesting choice of the inverted cross on the front of the altar. I'm certainly aware of the Petrine symbolism behind it, but I can see it being quite the conversation piece!
It looks much better.  I noticed that the mary and joseph statues switched sides.  I think the way it is now is how I've seen them in every church, but what's the tradition behind that?
(04-04-2011, 12:50 AM)Misplaced Zeal Wrote: [ -> ]It looks much better.  I noticed that the mary and joseph statues switched sides.  I think the way it is now is how I've seen them in every church, but what's the tradition behind that?

"Note that the Epistle side of the church is also informally referred to as the 'St. Joseph side' of the church because it is there a statue of him is often placed.  You can remember which side of the Church is which by taking the vantage point of Christ on the Crucifix: His right is the Gospel/Mary side of the Church; His left is the Epistle/Joseph side of the Church.  Mary and the Gospel are greater than Joseph and the Epistle so are at Jesus' right."

As for the tradition behind that, I don't know.  Maybe somebody else does?
Vox is sitting here so I asked her.  She said Mary is on Christ's right since she is the higher in the Communion of Saints (Queen of All Saints); like Christ sits on the right hand of the father.  The right side is the side of preferment.

Makes sense.
(04-04-2011, 12:40 AM)Joshua Wrote: [ -> ]It's certainly an improvement!  Smile

Interesting choice of the inverted cross on the front of the altar. I'm certainly aware of the Petrine symbolism behind it, but I can see it being quite the conversation piece!

Wait until Pedro sees it...
Our Blessed Lady Mary's Throne to the Right hand of her Divine Son and His Throne.  Smile
Such a beautiful renovation, I must say.  Tip o' the hat
If that would happen in my diocese, it would be great. But yes, that is beautiful!
(04-04-2011, 12:40 AM)Joshua Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting choice of the inverted cross on the front of the altar. I'm certainly aware of the Petrine symbolism behind it, but I can see it being quite the conversation piece!

Most scandals about such things come from ignorance. One can find skulls, snakes, and other symbols in religious art, which are traditional and symbolic. People, when first exposed to them, are confused. It is a good way for people to be educated and realise that not everything is a Masonic conspiracy.

Pages: 1 2